• Tweets

• I just finished mediation, and I got 350GBP for compensation at the end. Thank you very much for all the assistance!  Also, surprisingly mediator is very helpful and friendly.    ----------------Summary of mediation----------------------- First call: (3 minutes)  - Mediator explains his role and what to expect in the mediation process.   - Mediator summarized my case and asked me if there was anything missing -  Mediator asks about my expectation - I say I am ok not to go to the Court with a full refund - I told him that I had the contract with P2G, and I was aware of that third party act 1999. Therefore, I am claiming from Hermes now. -  Mediator called Hermes.    Second call:(6 minutes) - Hermes re-state that I have a contract with P2G, not them, and this is not how it works, bla bla bla. - Hermes offer me 47.45 GBP for compensation - I said that is ridiculous, and I am happy to go to Court because of the third party act -  Mediator called Hermes.    Third call: (6 minutes) - Hermes offer me 100 GBP for compensation - Again, I rejected the offer and was happy to see them at Court. - Mediator asked for proof of the value of the rowing machines; I sent him an email with the PrintScreen of EBAY. - Mediator called Hermes.    Fourth call:  (5 minutes) - Hermes offered me 300 GBP + 22.54GBP (delivery cost), which is their last offer - I counter propose 300 GBP + 50 GBP (Claim fee)  - Mediator called Hermes.    Fifth call (3 minutes) - Hermes agrees and will get my money before the end of this month.  
    • In fact if you would be interested in talking to the press, please send me an email to our admin email address with your contact details – name, address, telephone. I will see this all in confidence but I will try to forward it to a press contact. Companies like United Utilities really don't want this kind of exposure and if your MP got involved and also it was a story in the press, you would find that they would be a lot of anger and it would press them to start moving themselves rather more quickly
    • I've reread your thread from the start, and before we go any further two important questions.   1.  NCP start off by sending their demands to the company, then after a while the letters are addressed to you.  How did this happen?  To be blunt, did you write to NCP and tell them you were the driver?   2.  Do motorists have to input their registration number when they pay at this car park?
    • I'm troubled that you haven't started to discuss quantum yet – at least with your solicitor. Liability is slamdunk so the only question that large is that of quantum. Also, I don't really understand why it is you who are trying to save costs by getting government agencies involved which don't necessarily move very quickly – when the liability is entirely United Utilities and it is they who ultimately will bear the cost of everything. Have you invited them to get involved with clearance? Have you had a full survey of the site by an independent surveyor and if so have United Utilities been given an opportunity to have a look, to comment on your survey and carry out their own independent survey for comparison or corroboration? I have to say that what you seem to be saying about United Utilities bearing asbestos on your land seems to be so scandalous that one of the things I would do is I will try to expose it and I will contact your local member of Parliament. Write to them and then attend the surgery and explain what has happened and explain that a utilities company has been polluting land within their constituency and you need help to deal with it. I can imagine that this is the kind of thing that a member of Parliament would seize upon because it's an easy kill, totally uncontroversial – and extremely popular. Have you spoken to the local newspapers? They love that kind of story. Where are you in the country?
    • Chris Whitty on Twitter earlier.   'COVID-19 cases are rising and winter is drawing closer.   1) If you have not been vaccinated, now is the time. 2) If you are offered a booster please take up the offer. 3) Ventilation, masks in crowded indoor spaces and hand washing remain important.'   What about schools, offices, etc, amongst others?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

hi all

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

just a quick note to say hello and thanks to the site... very useful.

claimed £1,235 28th feb.

received offer £ 1,128 29th march

from halifax (already added to tally) so will be accepting ... already got enough stress!!!!

again, great site really useful

the woods clan