NatWest Charges- A guide

Guest NATTIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest NATTIE

Well, I have a thread on Advantage Gold and Unarranged borrowing which has within in charges that can be claimed but i felt an update on what the charges were and what can be claimed. This is a definitive guide.

Well the basics of charges is statements and knowing what the charge is for so we have 4 basic charges all claimable.

1) Unarranged Borrowing Fee-- This is when you have an overdraft or not and you go over that. The bank charges through charging periods which last a month and the charge goes out at the end of the month.

2) Unpaid Item- this appears on the statement and is when there is not sufficient funds in the account the previous working day(mon to Friday) to cover either a cheque, a direct debit or standing order to cover the amount going out. The bank "bounces" or does not pay the item and you get charged for it.

3) Card Misuse or Guaranteed Card Payment Fee(gtee card pymt)--This is when an item is paid by switch and goes through the account when the account is over its agreed or unagreed overdraft.

4) Referral Fee-- This is when an item is, rather than bounced is paid which takes the account over an agreed or unagreed overdraft by more than £26. 3 charges maximum a month on that last one.

5) Card Recovery Fee- This is when someone comes round to your house to recover your bank card

Please do not add more to this as i am adding more to this. but need to start it with explanations first.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NATTIE

We have four main charges so what is the amounts i am looking for?

1) Unarranged Borrowing

in 2000 it was £14 which then increased to £20 from April 2003 and then £28 from September 2004.

2) Unpaid Items

In 2000 it was £30 which went up to £38 from March 2005 (for businesses this is currently £35)

3) Card Misuse or guaranteed Card Payment Fee-

In 2000 this was £25 and then went up in March 2005 to £35

4) Referral Fees

It was £25 per item(maximum of £75 per month). This changed in September 2004 to £30 per item(maximum of £90 per month).

5) £125(not aware if any change to this charge has occurred)

This is the basics to charges and does not include Advantage Gold and Unarranged Borrowing which is dealt with on a separate thread.

Just what I was looking for - thank you!

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Guest NATTIE

I have decided to add one last point to this thread which is information i have known for some time but which i need to bring to everyone's attention. This is your call on how you proceed after the LBA. Normally i would advise contacting Customer Relations Unit but there has been movement to the point in which all staff will have access to a note that will tell them the amount of the offer which the bank will refund. Normally the note is accompanied with letter to be sent out within 21 days. It is as well, usual for it to be charges amount minus interest. This is technically new information but sometimes until it is confirmed by someone claiming i do not post info i have managed to obtain.

It has been confirmed that the 21 days is WORKING DAYS so 1 month and a day. Is this reasonable to you? Sue the bank i think is the answer.

As i said it will be your claim and your choice on whether you stick to 14 days timescale or go straight onto court. I leave that choice with you the claimant.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have sent request for refund letter to Natwest for the last 3weeks and have not got a response, I'm taking two simultaneous actions (halifax and Natwest) Halifax has responded that they are looking into it. Do I follow up with court letter for Natwest or should I wait a bit more? Thanks.

Guest NATTIE

I now have to add something about charges because the info is in the charges leaflet available at all natwest branches.

Unarranged borrowing charges, card misuse/guaranteed card payment fee and referral fees DO NOT apply to Card Plus accounts, STEP accounts and Student accounts. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for having to post this bit now!

I now have to add something about charges because the info is in the charges leaflet available at all NatWest branches.

Unarranged borrowing charges, card misuse/guaranteed card payment fee and referral fees DO NOT apply to Card Plus accounts, STEP accounts and Student accounts. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for having to post this bit now!

I have a student account with them, and still manage to get charged, does this mean I cannot claim the charges back then?

Guest NATTIE

nope, the only things they should be charging you for is Unpaids, if it is a Student account with interest free overdraft.

Hi Nattie, I was going to pm you but I now see this is not possible so here is the info on charges that I've taken from my statements on the dates that they were applied - so not necessarily when they were introduced:

July 1990 return cheque fee = £12.00

July 1990 unpaid DD = £12.00

Oct 1990 unpaid SO = £12.00

Feb 1991 unpaid DD =

RiPoFfStOpPeR

Hi Nattie, I was going to pm you but I now see this is not possible, so here is the info on charges that I've taken from my statements on the dates that they were applied - so not necessarily when they were introduced:

July 1990 return cheque fee = £12.00

July 1990 unpaid DD = £12.00

Oct 1990 unpaid SO = £12.00

Feb 1991 unpaid DD = £20.00

Sept 1991 letter ref O/D = £15.00

Dec 1991 return cheque fee = £27.50

Dec 1991 unpaid DD = £27.50

Jan 1992 unpaid SO = £27.50

Cheers ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

Hi I have a business account with Natwest. I am unclear as to whether I can claim for credit zone fees,paid referral fees and arrangement fees for a loan which I had to take out to repay overdraft. Can you clarify for me. Many thanks

Linda

Guest NATTIE

Credit zone fees is a no, paid referral fees are a yes, and i would suggest you start a thread in the natwest section as question 3 i am really not getting involved in.

Guest NATTIE

I have added the Card Recovery Charge to the list of claimable charges on these grounds. Had the account not got into such trouble as a result of the charges, then the card would not have required recovering. Therefore cause and effect dictates that this charge is a penalty and recoverable by legal recourse.

hi Nattie how are you?

i hope fine

well i have something for you

in my statement i have some charges like this

charges 03feb-a/c £4.28

this wend i join advantage gold then after that rised to £10 pounds as we have agreed in branch ,then they start after 4 or 5 months to charge me £12 pounds without tell me nothing .

i asked in branch and tey tell me that is because the advantage gold accounts have two new benefits and the charge value have to increase.

well i said to the lady i want to finish my adv.gold and change to a normal current account and that she do that for me. well in the end of that month come a charge like this

-charge 30jun-A/C £40 POUNDS

-after that one have more two of

charge 14aug-A/C £5.60

charge 23jul-A/C £9.60

-well is only in that ones that i have doubts they are for the payment of account maintenance i think

-now i ask why they charge me £40 quid in one go is that because i change account type before make one year contract with advantage gold?

-i'm i entitled to a refund on that type of charges? this because i never have used any of the benefits they give us with the adv. gold.

sorry Nattie i know is too many questions but please help me on that one and i send you a pint in the mail promise:D :D :D ;)

thank you manecas

Hi guys,

thanks for your help so far. I am going to claim from Nat West for myself + a family member - do i need some sort of letter of authority to act on their behalf? ... if so is there a template for this anywhere please?

Papadak

do i need some sort of letter of authority to act on their behalf?

Just to be awkward, the bank will often refuse to deal with any one other than the claimant. By far the easiest way is for you to just get them to sign any letters etc. Any claim filed at court would have to be in their name and signed by them, but there's nothing to stop you doing the donkey work

Manecas

Nattie are you there?

Nattie's jumped ship, but may be back sometime.

Hi Nattie

Thanks for the info. I see from your message that credit zone fee is a 'no' I cannot reclaim that charge. I must admit that I had previously sent to Natwest my schedule of claim charges which did include the CZF's. This was done before I knew of CAG. However, I have further looked at the copies of statements they have sent me and have noticed that on one sheet they have refunded charges which included refunding an ''overdraft fee' which appears to be the CZ F.Am I correct in thinking that the CZF is therefore an Overdraft fee which in that case is recIaimable.If I am wrong I am worried that if CZF's are not reclaimable I may

have jepordise my claim. I have had a letter from them acknowledging my complaint.I have contacted them and was informed that they had been advised they had 8 weeks in order to review my claim.

Plse help!!!

Message from Nattie (existing Nat West bank employee):

The win by LloydsTSB has changed nothing at all as NatWest also won a case in 2005. The judgement made against LloydsTSB will go to appeal and will be settled before it goes back to court. For those that are worried about losing their case, do not give up and do not lose hope. I have been on the losing side for a long time and I am expecting that to be the case for a long time to come!! Have faith in your claim, be prepared and you will win. Stay Positive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.