• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PeterPiper V Nationwide

PeterPiper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well here we go, ROUND 1!!!

Ding, Ding.....

just received my statements from the Nationwide & i calculate they owe me £514!

typed up the prelim letter & was wondering do i send to Charles Bacon or Deborah Desborough?

Hi,

Charles Bacon deals with claims. I'd send it there.

Good luck,

Vamp.:)

Thankyou!

i must say what a fantastic site this is, i have been reading various posts for weeks now & i'm all fired up.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just a quick update.

recieved a standard reply to my lba today, saying nothing really. i'm a bit dissappointed that they choose to ignore me, been a customer for 17 years. the £90 in charges thay took last week are starting to hurt now, as i have very little spare cash, and the kids birthdays are in 2 weeks.

hmmm. reality check.

screw them. i want my money back.

in the lba i managed to add the charges up wrong, £60 short of what i should be, so i feel rather embarrassed about that, but i guess there will be more to come my way in a week or so + the continuing charges they inflict.

the parachute account is up & running, all dd's have been changed and the sad old flex account is of no use to me anymore(seen the thread about nasty tricks, so wont be caught out...)

back to business, they owe me £714.02 in charges alone + £89.46 in interest.

gonna treat the kids when i get that little lot back(have 5 to treat! LOL)

need to fill in the moneyclaim form, anyone have any tips before i do please?

please PM me if you have the time or reply here, any help would be most welcome.

Register at moneyclaim and start to fill in the form. It's relatively straightforward.

At any stage you can save it online and then go back and amend what you've already done or carry on.

Make sure you note all your log in details so you can go back to it

If you get stuck, post here

Register at moneyclaim and start to fill in the form. It's relatively straightforward.

At any stage you can save it online and then go back and amend what you've already done or carry on.

Make sure you note all your log in details so you can go back to it

If you get stuck, post here

Thankyou :)

i'm stuck at the particulars of claim.

i understand that i need to supply the defendant (Nationwide) & court with a list of charges & interest that i'm claiming for. how do i get this to them? is there an attachment button?

or would i be best in going the paper route & filing this at my local county court in person wiuth relevant supporting docs?

Particulars of Claim

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of (£0.00) taken by Defendant in charges over (X) years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date) to (Date) of (£0.00) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00).

• Confused 1

i'm stuck at the particulars of claim.

i understand that i need to supply the defendant (Nationwide) & court with a list of charges & interest that i'm claiming for. how do i get this to them? is there an attachment button?

or would i be best in going the paper route & filing this at my local county court in person wiuth relevant supporting docs?

still need help with the above, dont want to get it wrong.

also how do i claim a daily rate of interest? downloaded the spreadsheet & this dosent seem to calculate that figure.

You don't need to supply a statement of charges with the claim form at this stage, only if they come back with a defence which is HIGHLY unlikely. Yes, they will probably acknowledge with intent to defend but it is most likely that they will just pay you what they owe you.

To get the daily rate of interest, you need to get the total claim amount excluding interest and court fees, and work out 0.22% of that.

So basically: claim amount x 0.00022 = daily rate of interest.

Put it in monetary terms, for example £0.41

• Confused 1

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 2 weeks later...

good news...

i have 2 cash deposits in my account dated 21st july, a total of £776.48, £147 short of my full claim. £60 of that are 2 charges i have not paid as yet, so the real outstanding figure is about £87, which is as near as damn it the interest.

expecting letters soon!

wont settle until i get whats owed...

beers all round & a donation on the way!

congratulations!!!!! my money came in two seperate lots the interest and then the actual charges so keep checking your account!!! i treated my girls to a new sim card for their phones and my son to a sonic screwdriver!!

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

Have you got the remaining balance yet?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Have you got the remaining balance yet?

not as yet. seems a bit strange to me.

i added £60 extra to my moneyclaim as there are £60 worth of charges to come out on 2nd/3rd August, so i expected them to either pay up £60 short & write charges off, or pay up in full.

however they have paid £147 short as outlined above.

not sure where to go from here, but the ball is in their court, they dont have long left either...

I would ring them and ask why it is missing and say that you will not consider it closed until it is all paid in. Number for his office is on defence form from the courts.

I would ring them and ask why it is missing and say that you will not consider it closed until it is all paid in. Number for his office is on defence form from the courts.

thankyou :)

will do just that!

Will PM you it if you need it - let us know what they say :)

spoke to them & they claim what they have paid is correct, although this should have been confirmed in writing, which they will do.

someone has gone through my account, worked out all charges & interest & then paid the court fee, somewhat less than i worked out!

so, what will happen with the court then? will it go in my favour, or will they appeal?

what annoys me the most is they totally ignored my prelim & lba & continued to add charges to my account!

i'm still getting letters saying "sorry we have not been able to resolve your complaint". bunch of fools they are.

Ask them for a full breakdown of how they have calculated your charges, like you did on your spreadsheet. They never provide one and they messed mine up initially missing out 2 unpaid DD charges which I queried.

Did you ask for the OD Interest Fees in your claim as I am pretty sure that they are not claimable?

Ask them for a full breakdown of how they have calculated your charges, like you did on your spreadsheet. They never provide one and they messed mine up initially missing out 2 unpaid DD charges which I queried.

Did you ask for the OD Interest Fees in your claim as I am pretty sure that they are not claimable?

they said they would send a full breakdown of how they worked it all out.

the account was a basic Flexaccount &didn't have an overdraft facility, so i never paid those kind of charges. I worked the charges out using the Excel spreadsheet.

I fail to understand why they didn't respond to my 2 requests and then decide to have a go themselves ignoring my claim and now expecting me to accept what they pay. I'm not in the mood to be chasing them all over the place, if this goes to court, Mr Bacon will have to justify the charges, thus admitting them. Either way they lose.

I will send an email to Mr Bacon later today.

sizzle, sizzle....can you smell it?

• 2 weeks later...

a quick update..

no letter as yet from the NW, but just checked my account online (still have access) and they took the 2x£30 penalties on the 3rd & then refunded both the same day.

just shows thay are monitoring my account!

they dont have long now....:razz:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks