Jim2708 V Natwest

Jim2708

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok where do I start...

My bank accounts are in a mess, I must hold my hands up I haven't done a very good job of managing them (that's a really long story), but the bank hasn't really helped, I've had the odd "good-will" from the Bank Manger when I've been in over the years, but in times of bounced DD's on the same day and then charges etc I've ended up £100's worse off and still having to pay the original debt!

My finances are now in such a mess I can't even spare the £10 to request the last 6 years charges and I have a guilt complex that if I managed my accounts better I would never have been charged in the first place.

In the last 6 months one of my accounts has been steadily increasing its OD as I haven't been able to pay it off, so every month the bank but on another £28 charge plus the interest. They have now, "arranged" with me to pay it off over the next 6 months at £50.00 a month, so where do I stand there?

Today I asked them to extended an OD or to allow a payment for a DD that I have next week before I'm paid and I was told that "Until I conduct my account in a way that bank expects I can have no further borrowing" or something like that.

I asked them what should I do about the DD and was told that someone will call me back!?!

Will a letter without a statement of charges get anywhere or have I got to find all the charges either by finding all my statements or by paying the £10?

And finally I've look around the site and can't work out where to send the letter, my branch or a head office?

Somebody give me a push, I'm not happy about the charges, but I feel that it's my own fault and that I should pay the price:sad:

Right Jim, time to stop beating yourself around the head about the bank charges. It could be argued that we should all manage our accounts better and, in a perfect world, we would. But life isn't as simple as that - unexpected emergencies happen and we end up going over our overdraft without realising it. Unfortunately, we've all believed for years that the banks have the right to apply their unlawful and extortionate charges because it's our fault. But guess what? They're in the wrong!!! All they end up doing is making our financial hardship even worse with the result that people end up stressed and depressed and penniless. While the banks - of course - get richer and richer.

Right, lecture over! You've done nothing wrong - just trusted your bank. Easy mistake to make - we all do it!

Borrow a tenner from someone (family, friend) and send the SAR off. If it's Nat West, look in the sticky just above the main threads - livelylad's put all the main contact details. You're looking for the address in Edinburgh. Statements are taking about 3-4 weeks to come through at the moment cos of the backlog from all the requests, but they will eventually arrive.

The bank aren't going to help you - so you have to help yourself. However, you're in the right place now as you'll get all the encouragement, support, help and advice that you need from everybody on CAG.

Good luck Jim - get that SAR sent off...... Hedgey's orders!!! While you're waiting for your statements to arrive, have a good read round and when you do get them................ post back on this thread and we'll help you every step of the way!

Hope that helps,

Hedgey xxx :razz:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Just to save you looking - here's the address to send the SAR off to:

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

Borrow an extra quid and send it recorded delivery - it's well worth it!x

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest NATTIE

Did NatWest mention about cancelling the DD till funds came into the account to sort out the bill as well?

Hey Nattie, nice to see you back mate. We've missed you on here. xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Guest NATTIE

You do not want to know why i wasn;t on here and i do not want to say what ghastly things i have seen. The sun, nice weather, and something called television. I nearly had a coronary!!

You mean those things exist? Really? Nahhhhhhhh......... don't believe you!!!!!!!!! xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***