claim acknowledged

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved an acknowledgement of claim from Alliance and Leicester on the 15th of march, [claim served 13th march]. they also sent a letter asking me to supply details from the charges from the 5th march 2007 going backwards to 5th march 2001.

my registed claim has dates, filed on 5th march 2007, are from june 16th 2000 to may 2006.

The bank has yet to file a defence and now have 4 days before the 28 days are up, to do so.

How ever I am worried that my court claim dates although cover 6 years , are not the last six years from my claim. will this make a difference to the proceedings in any way?

Sorry, my brain faded and I didn't see the dates in the original post. You may find they try to contest the charges that predate you starting your claim by more than 6 years, but you'll need to see what the defence says.

Come back with what they say in the defence (if they defend it) and we can go from there.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

if they dont defend by saturday which is when the 28 days are up, will i be able to ask for a judgement? my original claim is for £4,200 under my dates. if we use the banks requested dates it would be £3,200. if the don't file for a defence which judgement do you think i might get?

First of all although 28 days is up on Saturday it's a weekend so they're effectively given until Tuesday (because of the holiday) to get their defence in.

Even if you apply for judgment this won't be dealt with until the close of business on Tuesday and if their defence is in before the close of business it will be accepted even if you apply for judgment before they get the defence in.

If they don't defend it would go on your dates/charges - it's up to them to say that there is a limitation issue. If they did successfully claim that part of your claim was statute-barred because of it's age it would go on their figures, but this would only be determined at a trial.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!