Lloyds charges,court action next

amex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Before I discovered this action group I had already calculated my charges and added the 8%(which should have been left out until the court action) and demanded payment from the bank. I have now realised that that was incorrect as suggested by the action group.

Also, I had submitted my LBA demanding payment with the 8% added.(All these before discovering this action group)

Should I go ahead to claim the charges plus the 8% as per s69 court act, which I had already in error demanded from the bank OR withdraw everything and go through the process again with this time using the action group suggestions & calculations.

If I do go ahead, I may forfiet the O/D interest charges which I didn't submit to the bank in the first place.

Now, will the bank argue as vague if I claim on the N1 Form the charges,O/D charges + the 8% as allowed on the total charge though I will be submitting to the courts a new revised charge sheets to include the O/D interest claim.

Should I just forget and claim my initial demand?

The charges without interest already calculated to be £1700.00.

What should I do, any useful suggestions?

Thanks to all!!!

Hi Nicsussex,

Below is a paste of template used from MoneysavingExpert.com.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: [iNSERT ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to [iNSERT NAME OF BANK].

The charges total £[iNSERT TOTAL CHARGE], plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £[iNSERT TOTAL OF INTEREST]interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of [iNSERT TOTAL OF CHARGES PLUS INTEREST]. I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document. [iNCLUDE THE PRINT OUT OF CHARGES AND INTEREST FROM THE CALCULATOR AND BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF]

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[YOUR SIGNATURE]

[YOUR NAME (PRINTED)]"

After 14 days I sent in the last letter (LBA) and now awaiting my court action (i.e filling in the N1 Form).What do you think.

Should I go ahead without calculating and adding the Contractual interest or just go for what I had already done by adding the Statutory interest(8%) as per the letter.

Thanks

HI, I did pretty much the same thing as you. Was advised that it's not a problem as long as you know that "IF" they make you an offer for the full amount before you go to court, you have to accept. Don't know if this is gospel, Just advice I was given. I carried on with the remaining letters from this site and filed in court this week. Also found it usefull to go through my statements again and input them into the spreadsheets from CAG. Found even more charges on second look through!!! Good luck with it.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent