currys ripped me off.

crward1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought a laptop from currys in feb 07. the laptop was advertised as a 2.0ghz both instore and online ( Currys - Shop for Recon Laptops - PACKARD BELL SW51-201D RECONDITIONED AMD SEMPRON 3400+ PROCESSOR LAPTOP= )

after a few weeks i started using the laptop, decorating ment it couldn't use it as i was too busy... anyways, i ran belarc advisor which said the processor was 1.8 and not the advertised 2.0.

when i bought it i was also told it was a core 2... which it isn't.

the laptop was also sold with a dead pixel and the keyboard is damaged on the right hand side.

i've confronted currys who state they have not mis-sold this and are not willing to replace it as it is damaged on the lid, evern though it was sold in this sate.

trading standards have said they are leagally able to do this as the spec was not written but verbal.

does anyone know how i can get my money back or some form of compensation for the blatent mis-sell?

p.s. the laptop was reduced from £700ish to about £400 the week after i bought mine

If the misrepresentation was verbal it would be hard to prove, I suspect that's what TS would normally advise. If you could prove it, you could pursue the difference in value spec-wise.

Was the laptop sold as reconditioned? If the keyboard was sold with damage and you could see this, then there would be little you could do. If it was sold as new however this is not something you would expect and you would have a claim to have the damage repaired.

The dead pixel is within industry standards so unfortunately nothing you can do about that.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

One thing i have learnt from this site, if you think your consumer right have been breached then fight for them, send them a letter threatening with legal action, treat them as you would a bank, give them two weeks to respond ect, you must have seen it advertised some where, on the the net maybe? if the thing has moved from there web site try looking thru the browser history.

pc world mis sold me a laptop and i had to fight tooth and nail to resolve it, in the end they upgraded my old one and installed more memory.

good luck

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,