Assignment of Debt

johnsosu

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I refused to pay HSBC any money as there were considerable bank charge penalties applied to the account. Consequently my current account, overdraft and loan accounts with them were defaulted and closed. I received a letter from HSBC saying that my debt had now been assigned. I have since received a letter from a company in Preston called NSO saying that they now own the debt and to pay them all monies.

I am not sure what my next move should be?

Claim the charges from HSBC

When they pay you the charges, phone NSO to ask for a figure in Full and Final Settlement if you have recovered more than the transfered debt.

Remember, they will have paid 6-15p in the pound for the debt

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Its grey as the debt has been sold.On one hand, you want to have to repay the minimal amount back to them if possible with a full and final settlement offer.

On the other, you could tell them the debt is in dispute. I would imagine they would sell the debt back to HSBC who would then just offset any payment against the debt.

IMHO, and it is just that, I would contact NSO and offer a minimal payment. DO NOT advise them of any proceedings with HSBC. Claim all your charges back then offer NSO a F&F offer

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth