49kirk v HBOS - COURT PROCEEDINGS STARTING

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday was the 14 day after I had sent my LBA and received nothing from them.

I contacted them, which took about 40mins to get through only to be told that they have until the 10th April to get things sorted. I told them that I am not taking that chance and will be starting court proceedings. The woman on the other end was like fine

Wen to the court and since we are in Scotland. I have to claim twice once through the summary clause system and then the small claims for the rest.

The question I am asking is can I do both at the same time and someone else take it into the court to pay the fee? Also how long do the banks have to reply?

I am so nervous which they had just made me an offer

Hi 49Kirk,

Only do one claim, then when that's settled do the other. After you hand your papers into court, the court will then send them back to you with a Return Date and a Calling Date. The timing will depend on how busy the court is, you could have to wait a couple of months. The day after your court Return Date you should phone the court to see if there has been any response from the Bank, If not you will have to fill in a form to get your Decree against the Bank. With the Summary Cause claim the court will return your papers to you and you will have to get a Sheriff's Officer to serve them on the Bank.(This cost me £15.97) which you can claim back. The court will give you a list of local Sheriff's Officers you can use. With my first claim against BOS they phoned me on my court return date and offered full settlement including interest and costs. With my Summary Cause claim they have totally ignored me and did not respond to my court summons, I am now waiting on the court sending my Decree.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for your message fantastic information. My summary is going in today so fingers crossed something will happen soon and i can get the officers out with it.

Can I ask a silly question? but what is a decree?