Claiming over £1500 in scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has claimed over £1500.00 in Scotland as one claim and how it was done.

I have just sent my 1st letter to halifax requesting £6405.00 in charges from the last 5 years. I contacted my local court for a claim pack and they advised me I would need to hire a solicitor for that amount. Is this really the case?

Someone also told me to look into the ombudsman. I am just wondering which is the best option, the court route or the ombudsman route? And also which way is quicker.:confused:

Any feedback greatly appreciated!!!

Sorry, just got your messages. I did have a wee read at this one earlier, my concern with breaking the charges up into smaller claims is incase it's thrown out of court. I can't remember if I read it on this site, but apparently there was an instance where someone made several small claims and because they weren't done at the same time the bank fought back and the claim was lost. Along those lines anyway!!

I want to avoid dealing with lawyers, but don't know if I should trust the ombudsman. And also have a wee feeling that he would take a good bit longer than the courts. Can you point me in the right direction. Which forum should I use?:confused:

Can you point me in the right direction. Which forum should I use?:confused:

go to the main page, scroll down to GENERAL FORUM below that you will see SCOTLAND in blue writing. Click on that.

or

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/

Also there is the Govan Law Centre-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-helpful-organisations/22-govan-law-centre.html

Good Luck