DPA Request for Statements

pearsoncdw

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine at work has put in a request to get her statements from the Abbey. She duly paid her fee of £10.00 to get these but she has told me that she has only got a years worth of statements. She has banked with for over 10 years.

What does she need to do get get the statements dating back a further 5 years on top of what she got? Does she write to the Abbey or does she go to the Information Commissioner?

Cheers

Colin

First port of call would be the Abbey but she might want to put in her letter that as they have not provided her with the requested 6 years worth of statements that they may well in breach of the DPA and that the matter may well be reported to the Information Commissioner.

Fingers crossed they will then send out the missing items.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

A friend of mine at work has put in a request to get her statements from the Abbey. She duly paid her fee of £10.00 to get these but she has told me that she has only got a years worth of statements. She has banked with for over 10 years.

What does she need to do get get the statements dating back a further 5 years on top of what she got? Does she write to the Abbey or does she go to the Information Commissioner?

Cheers

Colin

HI my son and daughter are both claiming from Abbey, they also only got between 1 year to 18 months of statements ,but the covering letter said that statements older than this are held on Microfiche and that these would be send under seperate cover (I am glad to say that they were sent out about 2 weeks later) Get your friend to just check the letter that she got to see if this is the same thing........:)

1st thing to know is did your freind use the templeate SAR from this site?

If the answer is yes then she has not asked for six years worth of data. She has asked for charges and transactional data for the WHOLE account history so in terms of requesting stuff she will have done it already and no need for further fees or requests.

2nd thing to ask is has the 40 day statutory complaince period expired and if so what letters have been received from the bank.

Its isual for Abbey to send out the 1st 14 - 18 months worht with a promise to supply the rest in due course.

In conclusion wait the 40 days if you dont get all your data then you can complain to the ICO or follow the step by ste guide and take them to court for non-complaince.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA