anita

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now sent a letter asking for my bank charges to refunded, and I did get a reply from the bank within the 14 days. However, they have said the Financial Services Authority, gives them 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

Can they do this, what is the next procedure?

I have now sent a letter asking for my bank charges to refunded, and I did get a reply from the bank within the 14 days. However, they have said the Financial Services Authority, gives them 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

Can they do this, what is the next procedure?

Stick to your timetable send the letter on the 14 day dealine as set out. Start a thread in your bank forum and post your questions/progress there.

Read the FAQs and the step by step instructions linked in my signature.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi Anita

This is a standard delaying tactic by all the banks. Just ignore it and proceed according to YOUR timetable, to reclaim YOUR money.

Prelim letter ... 14 days

LBA ...14 days...

File papers with court

Do what the site advises you rather than anything the banks say.

BTW, it looks as if you haven't started a thread yet for your claim, and you haven't said which bank. To get the best possible help from members, you must notify your actions. From the Forum Homepage, find the forum for your bank. There you need to start a new thread, just to let everybody know what is happening. That way, if there are any queries, anyone can read the details of your claim and advise accordingly. Also, the people there will have the best knowledge of your bank, as they are all slightly different in the way they act.

Hope this helps

Varangian Guard

Go to the Forum Homepage

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Scroll down and you will find a section for each bank in blue writing.

Go to the appropriate forum and on the left of centre a little way down (and at the bottom of the messages) there is a button for 'start new thread'. This posts to the forum for that bank and gets seen by everyone dealing with the bank at present. This way, you get familiar with all the other people and they can advise you what to expect, and what to do about it!

Good luck

Varangian