• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Report Received Advice Now Needed

Gooders
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All,

OK I have trawled through a number of threads to try and find the answer myself but "cannot see the wood for the trees!". So I NEED some help with what I should do next.

Firstly, I have just received my credit report from Experian and now I want to get the same from the other agencies. I believe there are 3 which are generally used but what are the other addresses.......can anyone help?

Secondly, there is a default on my record from Lowell Portfolio Ltd that I never knew about!!!! I am keen to get this cleaned up on my record. The information on this is that the start date is 20/1/99, Defaulted 29/7/03 and a current balance.

So what do I do next? Do I make a request within the CCA to get a copy of the default notice and agreement from Lowell? If so is there a standard letter I can use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Gooders

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

Well for anyone who is having the same troubles as I am I have got 2 of the 3 addresses they are

Equifax Plc.

Credit File Advice Centre

PO Box 1140

Bradford

BD1 5US

and

Customer Service

Experian

PO BOX 7710

Nottingham

NG80 7WE

I keep hearing people talking about the 3 CRAs commonly used. If anyone can help with the name or even address of the 3rd it would be a great help.

Many thanks

Gooders

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Ok third found as

Call Credit

Consumer Services Team

PO Box 491

Leeds

LS3 1WZ

Claims:

Thanks mochamoo.

I have drafted this letter which will be copied to Experian.

Gooders

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD

LOWELL FINANCIAL LTD

PO BOX 172

LEEDS

LS11 9WS

Copy to:

Customer Service

Experian

PO BOX 7710

Nottingham

NG80 7WE

4 April 2007

Disputed Debt & Consumer Credit Act 1974Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− XXXXXXXX

Recently I obtained a copy of my credit report from Experian and it is with great shock that I note you have entered a default against my name. I have no recollection of ever being informed of this alleged debt and I have had no previous correspondence from your company. Please be aware that I do not acknowledge this debt to your company, and therefore require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further.

Firstly, you must supply me with a true copy of the agreement you refer to in this matter. This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, in payment of the statutory fee. In accordance with the legislation above, I require that this information is provided to me within 12 working days and not within any ‘in house’ guidelines your company may work to.

Further, I also require that you supply a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement, and a true copy of the original default notice. Again this must be received by myself within 12 working days or you will be in default against the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I remind you that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

I also require that you only correspond with me by letter, as I will not accept telephone calls/messages of any type.

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a true copy of this credit agreement.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. In the meantime please be aware that I consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Yours faithfully

Gooders

any comments?

Claims:

• 4 weeks later...

I may be overly optimistic, but have you heard anything back?

I haven't been able to face looking at my credit report yet- I'm such a coward!;)

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Received today.......

"We can confirm that the credit reference for this account has been removed" Thank you very much Lowell Finance!!!

Great now just have to approcah the subject of, No Deed of Assignment, No valid CCA and repayment of monies paid towards this debt!!!

But even better for me, my Credit Report is now completley unblemished!!!! Think I will write off and pay the £2 to all 3 of the CRAs and frame the clean reports!!!:D

Emma,

Worth doing as I was fearful at first but it has been very worth while to clean it up!!!

Gooders

Claims:

I fear mine is beyond redemption- ill health can let finances slip badly, and I have a terrible habit of not opening nasty looking envelopes.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have decided to claim all the money back that has been 'paid' towards this alleged debt......which of curse they cannot show a legal right to!!!

I had sent a preliminary letter asking for the money back which has had a good ignoring so now its time for LBA so here is my first draft.......

As always all comments greatfully received!!!

Gooders

18 May 2007

Lowell Financial

PO Box 172

Leeds

LS11-9WS

REF: XXXXXXX

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Madame/Miss,

Thank you for your recent correspondence where you have confirmed that “we have now removed the outstanding balance from your account”, further I appreciate your apology for “the confusion caused by our administrative error”. However, your assumption or assertion that this matter is “now closed” is incorrect. I have included with this correspondence a copy of my previous letter where I outline what is required for this matter to be concluded to my satisfaction.

These requirements remain extant and although due to the time involved in processing this matter certain details have changed (ie the value I am claiming against you) I continue to claim against your company for the return of monies that have unfairly been levied and through pressure, been paid to your company. Further I claim administrative costs incurred by me personally in bringing this matter to your attention. This letter is to be considered a Letter Before Action where I will give you a further 14 days to contemplate your position, or lack of, before starting legal action against you through the small claims court. I have included also with this letter an updated schedule of charges in relation to this matter.

Before I highlight what is now required for this matter to be satisfactorily concluded I would like to highlight some salient points:

● In your letter dated 23 April 2007 you provided a document which you ascertain represents a valid Consumer Credit Agreement. The document you provided does not meet the requirements of a valid Consumer Credit Agreement as outlined in The Consumer Credit Act 1974. Therefore you have shown NO legal right to this alleged debt.

● At this time, you are in default of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 due to your inability to provide the requested information made in accordance with this act and correctly paid for. Namely you have been unable to provide the Original Default Notice and the Deed of Assignment. Thus you have further been unable to show a lawful right to the alleged debt and have therefore obtained the monies paid unfairly. In a gesture of goodwill I would like to point out that if you do not reply within the required time period to a correctly assigned and paid for request as detailed within the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you will commit a criminal act, which I will pursue if required.

● You have not provided any statement of account during this process and I therefore no other information about this alleged debt other than the alleged default amount and date combined with the assertion that the balance has been “paid in full” from a member of your staff.

What I now require

The return of all monies paid in respect to this alleged debt to the value of £458 plus interest at a rate of 8% compound interest and personal costs incurred. As you have not provided any documentation (despite being asked on numerous occasions) to the time period this alleged debt was paid over I have calculated the interest payable from the date you issued the default, namely 29 July 2003, which amounts to £155.85. Further to this I have incurred personal costs in bringing this matter to you attention amounting to £40. The total therefore I require to be repaid is £653.85. I have included a schedule of charges with this letter which includes the 8% interest under S69 Statutory Interest that I would be entitled to if this continues to the Small Claims Court.

I require that this money is paid to me in full and without conditions in 14 days. If you do not reply or do not reply positively I will be forced to pursue this matter through the courts without further notice. Further, I will be reporting your actions to The Office of Fair Trading and shall submit a complaint based upon the fact that you have failed to comply with your Consumer Credit Act 1974 obligations and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a Consumer Credit Licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Although I hope that we can come to an amicable agreement on this matter, you should be advised that I am treating this problem with the utmost seriousness, and if you do not respond positively within the required timeframe I will continue with all actions I deem necessary to gain a resolution to this matter. You should be advised that I can offer compelling evidence and argument should you choose to defend and indeed in many ways would look forward to the opportunity to do so.

I am extremely perturbed about your actions in this matter which has ranged from incorrect information being passed, unnecessary delay and default of Legislation, a dossier of which will be made available to The Office of Fair Trading should we not be able to come to agreement.

Yours sincerely

Gooders

What do you think???

Claims:

Oh Gooders, I'm glad you're on my side- you can be scary!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Thanks Emma,

There is always a time and place!! :p :p

Claims: