Kiff v Barclays

kiff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm very new to all this and am not much of a IT bod, but I have been so impressed with all the help and support everyone gives that I have decided to join the forum.

I sent my Prelim letter and received the standard reply from Barclays Customer Relations Dept. The 14 days passed and I have now sent my LBA letter. I can see from previous threads that it is going to be a long haul but with your help I know I can do it.:)

Kiff

kiff,

You have done the right thing. The charges the bank took is your own hard earned money. Don't let them get away with it.

Thousands of people are angry with the system as it is. And they are getting their money back.

The banks can only delay, they cannot stop the number of people coming forward.

• 5 weeks later...

I've hit a block with the charges spreadsheet - do I use the simple or advanced one. How do I work out the overdraft interest? Sorry for sounding dim - I was up late trying to look through various threads to see if I could work it out.

Hi

I am at the same stage as you. Sent my LBA off today, had same standard letter on the 21st. This is a great site, very informative and will lead you all the way, from what I have read. No doubt we will have similar questions so you can follow my thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/71829-percy-barclays.html

I will certainly follow yours. Good Luck

PERCY

Thanks Percyarms

Brilliant to know we're at similar stages. I'll be following your thread now too.

Does it matter if I opt for the simple spreadsheet? I'm claiming for £825.

I'm being a bit impatient I s'pose. I've just received a standard letter in response to my LBA and so I'm keen to submit my N1 to the courts.

Would you be up for nursing me through the advanced spreadsheet?

Cheers

Kiff

Hi Kiff

Advanced spread sheet is very easy to fill in it is quite self explanitory. (Thats if I filled it in right of course!!!) But all I did for the advanced spread sheet is fill in the middle tab "Charges and Interest". The left column with all the paid referalls etc and the right column with all the interest charged every month as per the statements normally around the same date every month. The spreadsheet does the workings out and gives a total at the top. When you go to the next tab "8% interest" its all worked out for you.You can then just print it out as your revised schedule. I'm no expert though so perhaps someone more experienced could confirm, (it would also put my mind to rest aswell :confused: )because I'm claiming nearly £3k would hate to mess up.

PERCY

In the middle of filling out the advanced spreadsheet, and am still not sure about the interest bit. Do I enter all interest charged each month since the start of my claim period, or do I just enter it for the months where I've incurred penalties and then have subsequently been charged interest on them.... a bit lost. Can anyone point me in the right direction???!:|

Have received a partial offer - but will send the standard response everyone has been giving them. It's for £600 - two thirds of my claim (currently at £915).

I have decided just to stick to the charges + the 8%. I am going to go down the N1 route and have downloaded the form and POC. Has anyone got any tips/advice - everyone seems to go the MCOL way..... Hoping I've made the right choice. Will get on the case in the morning now!:)

I'm hoping that someone can confirm that I've used the right letter for rejecting their full and final offer. I sent it yesterday and used letter 3 as their offer was received after the LBA deadline. I informed them that I was declining their offer and was filing a claim on the 11 May. Did I use the right letter??????? Also, I just used their pre-paid evelope and didn't send recorded - does this matter, or should I resend it recorded just in case?:confused:

Reading the some of the threads from yesterday, I saw that CAZKATJOE said that MCOL were being overloaded at the moment (or something along those lines). I registered ok on MCOL but after several attempts could not enter the details of the claim - the response was that they were currently very busy and to try later. As I only had my lunchbreak to file the claim I filled in the N1 Form instead. I have sent 3 copies of the form, charges schedule, and fee to my local court, by recorded delivery. I have started on court bundle - it all seems a bit surreal at the mo... but ever so slightly exciting!!

Well done Kiff, you seem to be in control, i wouldnt worry too much about the court bundle, that is a long way off yet, just read all you can about it so you are more prepared.

It is very exciting, i am waiting for BB's defence to arrive from MCOL, but you are correct, as i stated on my thread MCOL are snowed under so things are a little delayed.

Good luck, will watch your thread to see how you get on.

Caz

Caz

Thanks for your support. What is lovely about this site is that you know that there is always someone who is at the same stage as you, or someone who can advise on what comes up next.

Keep updating your thread so I can follow what's happening with you.

Kiff :)

Caz

Thanks for your support. What is lovely about this site is that you know that there is always someone who is at the same stage as you, or someone who can advise on what comes up next.

Keep updating your thread so I can follow what's happening with you.

Kiff :)

THanks Kiff,

You are right, it is so reasuring to know that you are not alone, and there are so many people keeping an eye out for you.

I will keep you updated on how things are going for me, but I will be keeping a very close eye on you as you seem to be slightly ahead of me.

Good luck

Caz

Hello Kiff

Have just read your thread and will be very interested to see how you progress. I'm just behind you on this one as Barclays have until the 21st May to respond (or not!!) to my LBA and I'd already decided to go down the N1 route as opposed to MCOL. Have already downloaded the form and all the info for completing it-ready to go!!!! Best of luck .

Thanks for the support.

This site is such a good motivator and it is brilliant to hear when people have won (have just read through AD33's thread - excellent news).

I always have a few nagging doubts when faced with officious documents/letters etc, but being able to come here and read through the threads really boosts your confidence.

I'm already thinking of digging out some Royal Bank of Scotland statements from the attic!!

Cheers

Kiff

Should I be concerned? I posted my N1 Form to my local court on 11 May (registered mail) - but have received nothing since then. Do you think I should ring the court to check they definitely received my claim, or is this normal?

Cheers

Kiff

Should I be concerned? I posted my N1 Form to my local court on 11 May (registered mail) - but have received nothing since then. Do you think I should ring the court to check they definitely received my claim, or is this normal?

Cheers

Kiff

I wouldn't be concerned, my local court is way behind, but you can allways give them a bell for peace of mind.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Finally! Some news....I received a letter from my local court, informing me that the claim will be deemed issued today, so Barclays have until 6 June to Acknowledge the claim. I hope BB's phase of 'settling quickly' lasts.

Ever optimistic!

Kiff

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question!

Should I ring the court on the 6th (Barclay's deadline for Acknowledgement) or wait a couple of days and then ring? If I remember from previous threads, they are notorious for Ack & Defending at the eleventh hour.

Thanks

Kiff