Barclaycard

widneskopite

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first post on here. Just need a bit of help on behalf of my wife. Both of us have succesfully reclaimed charges against halifax and capital one without having to go down the court route. But barclaycard are refusing point blank to refund any £12 charges. Just a couple of quick questions re barclaycard. 1 - have any cases actually got to court yet? 2 - As my wife is 8 months pregnant would she have to personally appear in court, or could i or someone else represent her and 3 - is it ok to claim for £12 charges

Any help much appreciated

Q1 - no, not for a trial. There may have been some preliminary hearings but that would be the exception.

Q2 - Unless you've legal representation your wife would need to attend, certainly she couldn't be represented by a lay representative (e.g. you or a friend) in her absence. However when you receive the allocation questionnaire you can specify dates when you can't attend trial. Barclays tend to take things right to the line and settle within days of the trial date so you may need to prepare accordingly. It may however take several weeks or months to get a trial date after you file. I doubt it would be less than 8-12 weeks from filing a claim.

Q3 - Yes you can.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!