Re, sold debt to philips help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Follow on from yesterdays post,contacted courts regarding Philips DCA on the unpaid fines for parking tickets, which i have been told today by the courts that i owed only £200,but they have now sold the debt to philips,and now is £650.00.They will not accept £5.00 pw they want £60.00 out of my benefit.Also where does the extra £450.00 come into it,any advice would be appreciated as to now the debt has been sold to them.

Its for a unpaid parking ticket but apparently it went to court due to them not been able to find me,even though i wrote and told them my new address and asked if i could have a reduction due to my circumstances.I never heard from them until 14 months later,when philips DCA sent a letter saying i owe this that and other from £200 to £650.I rang courts twice and asked had they sold the debt on and she/he in seperate telephone conversation said they had sold it on and said the fines was only £200 & that was from 2 diffrent people.Now im being harrassed by telephone calls and rang the OR they are going to report them and so am i today.The original debt as for unpaid parking fines when the debt is sold to a DCA the circumstances change.I told them over the phone ive had nervous breakdowns,ive been bankruptlost my home & everything else due to a bitter divorce & they still leave messages 0870 stating i havent been in contact & the number they are ringing is in my partners name & she is reporting them to OFT.OR on there case now and there will be hell to play as they are hounding a disabled person hom is vunerable and metal health problems.The **** will hit the fan when OR gets onto there case.

If you're on benefit you may be exempt from court fees.

If they harass, and cannot account for the enlargement of debt, and have shown disfavour and prejudicial treatment then the following statutes are some shield for you. You can issue small claim, but do you have the competence?

Disability Discrimination Act 2005 Chapter 13, part 2, part 5, 21B – 1, 21E Duties for purposes 1. -(b), 4. ©, (d) and 49A General duty parts -1. (a), (b), ©, (d), (e). Disfavoured.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997, Chapter 40, 1. - (1), (a), (b). Breached.

Human Rights Act 1998 (UK) Chapter 42, 6. - (1), and (6) "An act" includes a failure to act, plus Derogations. 14. - (1), & The European convention on Human Rights, Protocol 5, Article 6, Article 8, parts 1, and 2, Article 14. Breached if you didn't or can't get a fair and public hearing

If the PCN or anything about the procedure is unlawful then also The Fraud Act 2006

A notice to desist from unlawfull harassmnet might get them to focus attention on how they take care to harass. their penalty can be up to £5k and 6 months custodial.

It all may be out of your ambit of capability and you would need some help.