HSBC - full claim dispute - what next?

rootproblem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted a small claim against HSBC for 6 years of bank charges plus accrued interest on 3rd February. Yesterday, I received a letter from the court with a defence from HSBC disputing the full claim and denying any relief.

HSBC's solicitors sent me a separate letter asking for a full breakdown of the charges that I was asking for. I had already submitted the list of the TOTAL charges in my previous letters (from template library) to the bank and when I filed my small claim. I've checked my statements and there are no further breakdowns available to me on them.

Can anyone tell me what I should do next? Or what is supposed to happen next? Thank you!

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("699588") report.gif progress.gif

hi, when dg are asking for a breakdown of charges, i see this as a payout in the offing so get the breakdown to them pretty sharpish. someone from dg is looking at your claim, so write a covering letter referencing the name on the letter from dg and send it in saying 'as per your request, please find attached b/d etc'

good luck

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi - not sure I was clear - sorry. On my monthly bank statements the only detail I am given is TOTAL CHARGES. There is no further detail as to what the charge was for. I filled in the template from the library for these monthly charges with the date and amount. The spreadsheet worked out the interest and I sent this to the bank with the letters at each stage of the process. When I submitted the small claim I inserted the total amount plus the total interest but there was no way of listing the breakdown. The bank have responded the the court with a full denial of payment, but I have also received a letter from their solicitors requesting a full breakdown of the charges I am claiming. As I have already submitted this as fully as I can. Am I to send this to the solicitors? Thanks.

Hiya Root, from past posts here I believe DG (HSBC's solicitor) do not receive any information from HSBC Leeds, they operate purely on paperwork the court and we send them so it is quite possible DG don’t have your schedule.

To do anything, most importantly make you an offer, they need to see your schedule of costs and as netty says if someone from DG has written to you they are looking at your claim so now is a good time to get your information to them.

pete

sorry.... when you do your spreadsheet, you write down exactly what it says on your statements, so if it says 'total charges' then that's what you write in. you can't give a better description because the bank didn't!

as for the bank responding with total denial - that's nothing new honestly, they send that to everybody. just send the spreadsheet with the covering letter to dg. hopefully you'll get an offer very soon.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

i was told recently that when viewing total charges on-line - if you click on each charge it will tell you what it is for - i don't know if this works or not - but that's for future reference - i agree - just put total charges and for how much and the date - and that should suffice for your breakdown.

good luck - hope an offer is coming soon.