Diamond301 Vs Wescot

Diamond301

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have sent a CCA to Wescot for a debt that they are collecting for Natwest, i included the £1 cheque and the letter was received and signed for on the 21st March. As yet the cheque has not been cashed and i am aware that the clock is ticking for them.

I have worked out that the 12 days would be Tuesday 10th April (due to weekends and bank holidays) is this correct? The debt is for around £3.5k and i have been paying them £50 per month, should i stop the payments, am i admitting to the debt because i have been paying??

I have sent a SAR to natwest for this account as i believe the debt is made up of bank charges anyway and i am waiting for the info to come back to me. This account is also showing as default on my CRA files and as my memory serves me i dont not remember ever receiving a default notice. i have read through many posts on the forum about defaults being removed etc, i suppose i am just looking for reassurance that i am following the right path :|

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks

Diamond

Diamond- If payment is due before the 12 working days is up- then make that payment. You can stop paying them (by law) once they go into default on your CCA..(12 working Days)

Just hate every DCA out there

have received a letter back from wescot along with my £1 cheque informing me that they have passed my account back to the client (natwest). i suppose the next step is to CCA Natwest but as i have already sent a SAR to them on the 20th March do i need to do this as well?

Diamond

• 3 weeks later...

last night i recieved a phone call from a lady at robinson way & Co saying that NatWest had passed my account to them, what do i do now, should i enter into negotiations with them? i told the lady on the phone that until i heard from NatWest i wasn't prepared to discuss anything from her.

what should be my next step apart from CCA the NatWest?

Diamond

last night i recieved a phone call from a lady at robinson way & Co saying that NatWest had passed my account to them, what do i do now, should i enter into negotiations with them? i told the lasy on the phone that until i heard from NatWest i wasn't prepared to discuss anything from her.

what should be my next step apart from CCA the NatWest?

Diamond

If the account was disputed with Nat West then passing it to a DCA for enforcement is an unlawful act. You need to write to NatWest and remond them of this.

Diamond this is the bit of info you need when writing to Nat West:

The Banking Code section 13.6:-

We may give information to the Credit Reference Agencies about personal debts you owe us if:

The Amount Owed is Not in Dispute.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Diamond this is the bit of info you need when writing to Nat West:

The Banking Code section 13.6:-

We may give information to the Credit Reference Agencies about personal debts you owe us if:

The Amount Owed is Not in Dispute.

That's no use at all - noone has contacted a CRA. The bank have passed the alleged debt to a Debt Collection Agency.

Oops.....sorry

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

update after being on holiday, i have now recieved 2 letters from Robinson Way & Co demanding full payment on one letter and repayment proposals on the other.

I am now ready to send the CCA to Natwest but i am unsure which letter to send with it being an overdraft account that has gone to DCA's, could someone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

Gemma