• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LastLaugh V Woolwich-Help Not what I expected!

Lastlaugh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone advise me? I sent my SAR along with cheque which was returned with a standard ........we are so sorry that you are unhappy blah blah blah. Today I have received a letter from The woolwich with a summary of charges from 31/01/05- 21/11/06 - Total £2562.00. No other information. Is this correct?

Please help!:confused:

Guest Battleaxe

No, it is in correct. Write back to them remindin them that the clockl started ticking two days after the date of your original letter, return the monjey and insist that they comply with the SAR and that you are reporting this matter to Information Commissioners Office. Tell tham that if they do not comply within the time allowed by the DPA and your original request, you will not hesitate to commence legal actioon for non-compliance

Keep to you original timelines and do not allow them to divert you. You are in control, not them and their stalling techniques

To be honest a lot of us have in the past received such summaries of our accounts which have been spot on for charges taken from us however there was concerns from members who had in the past had charges refunded so you can still ask for more info regarding your SAR however if i were you i would start the process of asking for my money back the sooner you get your prelim and LBA sent of the sooner you can issue court proceedings because im sure you are aware if you read other posts the woolwich do not budge unless court papers are issued they will drag their heels at every chance they get !

• Haha 1

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Amanda

Surely the Woolwich should send you statements going back six years based on your SAR-otherwise how can you be sure that the figures that they given to you are accurate and complete?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Thank you everybody for your help, the problem I have is that I have charges for only two years and I dont know if there were any charges before this. Shall I send an LBA for the amount in the summary for the two years and also send a letter asking for the other information as per my SAR request?

If it was me I would send out the SRA first just to see if there are any other charges due back to you.

Then you can amalgamate these in the one LBA-might be easier to track.

• Haha 1

PPMAN159

hi ppman, i didnt find this site until after i sent my sar and in the letter i used it just said list of charges, i took their word for it, it sounds about right, cant be bothered waiting longer for statements, if it turns out that its incorrect and they owe me more then i will take them to court, as i already am at the mo.

amandax

I used the list they sent me as the basis of my claim with no problems.

How was the SAR worded? did you actually ask for copy statements? or just details of the charges? if the second, then technically they have complied with your request!

Mat

yeh mine was worded to say list of charges, as i got it from another site, but im ok with that, i think if they have put anything on that list thats inaccurate then they are liable, so its in their best intrests to be honest with it.

ive now filed my court claim so im happy

amandax

Thank you PPMAN, I have called them and they say there are no other charges. I have just gone to the templates library to use the template letter requesting the charges and there is a part which talks about overdraft interest. I dont know how much this is because I just got a summary of default charges. What shall i do just not include the interest?

I just received my list of charges. They are all correct however they do not include the interest charged to me that was solely due to the accumulated unlawful charges taken me into unauthorised OD on three occassions during the 6 years. I only notice this as I did have statements pertaining to those particular periods and cross referenced.

For me, it wasn't a great deal of money however I'm sure the interest charges (they add it monthly on a basc current account) would add up to a lot for many of these claims. Therefore, unless I'm much mistaken, these interest charges will only come to light for most claimants unless they have their actual statements provided.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

on ur list of charges did they abrvieate what the charges were such as RC, OD, etc, because if so then the daily overdraft is OD, i phoned and they confirmed this is ontop of the charges ie, £3 a day

amandax

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone advise? I have received the response to the first letter asking for repayment which is exactly the same as the letter I received for the SAR request. It also says they aim to resolve this matter by 11th May. Shall I send out the LBA?

It would appear that you sent your request for repayment to them on the 4th April and as such they should have until the 18th to reply.

As they say that they intend to resolve the matter by the 11th May this is well outside the 14 days that they have been given so I would start preparing to take to them to Court via the MCOL.

Do not be dictated by the banks timeframes-stick to those that you know to be correct.

PPMAN159