bb v black horse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had a couple of accounts with black horse,but they seem to be lastin forever.so i sent for charges statement,ive got them back but cant understand what they are.

£25 CA ACCRUED

£25- CA WAVED 9

£375 CA FEE POSTED

£25 CA ACCRUED

£25 " "

£25 " "

£25 " "

£25 " "

£30 " ",but this one i think is a mistake,i think its £130

£100 CA FEE POSTED

Can anyone understand this and let me know what they are

MBNA.claiming back £3219.08 LBA stage expired.offered £1190.PAID OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyds.claiming back £1025. LBA stage expired.accepted offer of £750.SETTLED

CAP 1.claiming £839. offered £216. LBA stage expired

B/Horse.claiming. £879. request payment stage.offered £145

B/Horse.claiming. £601. request payment stage.offered £306.92.SETTLED

had a couple of accounts with black horse,but they seem to be lastin forever.so i sent for charges statement,ive got them back but cant understand what they are.

£25 CA ACCRUED

£25- CA WAVED 9

£375 CA FEE POSTED

£25 CA ACCRUED

£25 " "

£25 " "

£25 " "

£25 " "

£30 " ",but this one i think is a mistake,i think its £130

£100 CA FEE POSTED

Can anyone understand this and let me know what they are

I'm not sure...Could you not write to them and ask them to explain them fully...No point in them using their abreviations if they can't be understood.

Just hate every DCA out there

• 5 weeks later...

got reply this morning.

we have conducted a review of your accounts.it has been established that although the charges were added within the terms and conditions of the agreements we have on this occasion decided to propose the following:

on agreement ******** we have agreed to waive all of your fees totalling £145.this has been carried out and no further fees remain on this agreement.(i am claiming £676)

on agreement ******* we agreed to complete the agreement for you,essentially crediting your agreement with £306.92.this has now been completed and you will receive a letter shortly confirming this.(i am claiming £601)

i will be sending a nice thank you,but no thank you.although,thinking about it,i might ring them and get the balance of first agreement,as they say the second one is completed,and if the balance is more or less what im claiming.i may ask them if they complete that one also,i will stop the court proceedings.

what do you think....

MBNA.claiming back £3219.08 LBA stage expired.offered £1190.PAID OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has anyone actually taken black horse to court,and what was the outcome

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone actually taken black horse to court,and what was the outcome
Black Horse took me to court and are in the process of abandoning the case. Didn't work out the way they planned.

Send them a CCA 1974 s77-78 request and as S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Find out what they are actually doing. Then have them explain how they calculate the charges.

He didn't come looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him.

When the smoke clears, it just means he's reloading.

letter from them dated 14th may.

we write with reference to your second letter dated 8th may regarding fees applied and accrued on your agreements.

we have conducted a further review of your accounts.further to our last proposal,we have re-considered your request and we propose the following to be a fair and accurate offer to conclude this matter:

*********.we have waived all fees applied,which total £175.we would like to remind you that this account is still in arrears;

*********.the total fees debited to this agreement total £525.38.we have completed this aggreement by crediting £306.92,we are prepared to credit your open aggreement with the difference between,which is £218.46.

we hope you find the above satisfactory.please confirm if you are satisfied with our proposal.

i have sent a letter back asking if they were to consider closing the other aggreement(so effectively,both accounts would be paid up)i would cancel my court application.

• 2 months later...

got reply this morning,after giving them more time to settle.

we are surprised to hear that you have declined our final offer of settlement regarding your request for a refund of charges on your above agreements.we feel we have been reasonable in our settlement proposals and unfortunately,we are unable to accomodate your further request for settlement.

if you attempt to reclaim these charges through the small claims court then please forward a copy of your claim to the above address so we can prepare to file our defence.if you do not decide to persue this route for settlement,then please contact us immediately to discus agreement.this agreement is still in arrears and we note you are continually defaulting regarding payment of this agreement.it may be worthwhile bearing this in mind if you persue the court route.

i have refused to pay anything until this is sorted,am i right in doing this,and is it really worth going to court

can someone please give me some advice.i know ive let this drag on,but i think im worried about losing and having to pay a bucket load of court costs.ive re-calculated my spreadsheet and the interest is going up.im getting that wound up,im just wondering whether to pack it all in and just keep paying until i finish it myself

If you can afford it I would recommend keeping up your usual monthly payment ( the amount you would be asked to pay without any charges etc ). You now need to decide if you do want to issue a county court claim.

If you feel nervous about doing this the alternative route would be to complain via the Financial Ombudsman Service ( FOS ). This won't cost you anything but may take longer than county court would. I have linked to FOS below if you want to consider it; they will look at your case if you are at 'deadlock' which your posts would indicate!

our complaints procedure and how to complain

• 3 months later...

i passed this on to the FOS.this is the reply ive just received of them.

i am sorry to disappoint you,but your complaint does not appear to be one we are able to deal with.

that is because the business you have complained about only became covered by us on 6 april 2007,and we have no authority to deal with complaints against it about things that happened before that date.

from what you have told me,your complaint is about something that happened before 6 april 2007 which means that-even though you are still in dispute with black horse limited-we are not able to look into the matter.

has anyone got any advice please.....

obviously not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!