Abbey OD

Charlie V Cap One

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am fairly new to this site and in the process of trying to get back my charges from Capital One, and GE Money. I was reading some of the threads here for Abbey, and I have an Abbey account which I know going back over some statements I occured charges on the ones I can find I have around £300 worth of them...my question is can you send send a a data protection act even if you are overdrawn?? I am over drawn by £1100, and I was going to hold off a few months until I could clear my OD thought this might be a better approach.

If anyone could help or give some advice I would be grateful.

Cheers!

Hi charlie,

I didn't have to do a data protection act letter because I had all my relevant statements, but Abbey are very stubborn in their approach to this whole matter of refunding charges, often taking claims to the very last minute before settling.

I would suggest that if you are within your o/d limit and not incurring any current charges then go ahead with your DPA letter and even if you're not I would definitely open a parachute account just in case.

At least if you get the letter sent off then you've got the ball rolloing and it's up to you how you play it from there.

PS

How's Cap1 going? They're next on my list.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I am within in the limit I just thought it didn't look so good being that I am highly overdrawn, thought it might not help my chances of claiming back.

I was thinking about getting another account for my wages to go in when I have cleared it and getting rid of Abbey alltogether just wasn't sure how long it would all take.

What stage are you at with Abbey?

Capital One have not been great I sent my DPA on Saturday 3rd March and have not heard a thing since so I am going to send them one of the letters from the templates on here just reminding them how many days they have to comply. I think it is 40 calendar days, I excpect they should have got it on Monday 6th March.

It doesn't surprise me they are dragging their hills they are long winded with everything.

I sent it recorded too and put a postal order in there and kept a record of what I send...just make sure everything is recorded to protect yourself.

Good Luck with yours and thanks for the advice...I will keep you posted on Cap One!!

Charlie - a Subject Access Request and your current financial situation are TOTALLY unrelated. Under the Data P Act Abbey are obliged to give information to anyone they hold information on, within a 40 day period (from receipt of request). The fact that you are overdrawn has no bearing on your request for information at all.

Go for it, there is NO benefit to you if you wait.

Charlie

i'm od by £2500 and i'm still claiming the charges back, in fact i'm at the stage where i sent the AQ back just over a week ago. So don't worry about it affecting your claim, do as charleyfarley says and open a parachute acc just in case.

Also if you do start your claim against them it might be a good idea to put on your prelim a line or two stating that until they resolve things you are giving notice that you consider that the account is in dispute from the date of the prelim letter. { i think i saw glenn uk posting a letter to do with this somewhere }.

regards pmahonc

Hi charlie,

I didn't have to do a data protection act letter because I had all my relevant statements, but Abbey are very stubborn in their approach to this whole matter of refunding charges, often taking claims to the very last minute before settling.

I would suggest that if you are within your o/d limit and not incurring any current charges then go ahead with your DPA letter and even if you're not I would definitely open a parachute account just in case.

At least if you get the letter sent off then you've got the ball rolloing and it's up to you how you play it from there.

PS

How's Cap1 going? They're next on my list.

Hi,

Just to let you know I have received my statements from Cap One on the 6th April and have been working out the charges I have yet to send the letter, I will do this tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.

Good luck with them.