Can They Do This ??

ICO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can a DCA (Lowell:mad: ) do a crdit check on me without my authorisation ????!!!!

I have just finally got a full 6 year report on moi and have found I only have 2 debt's O/s and one small CCJ !!!! the other 2 are settled, ie: halifax paid the visa and chucked the debt on one lovely pile with Thames Credit. Better than I thought anyhow!!!

I have noticed that Lowell have done 4 credit checks on me in the past 6 months . . . can they do it without my authorisation ????

no, they would need your permission.

however, they may have purchased an account in your name which may give them that permission, but i am not sure on this.

no, they would need your permission.

however, they may have purchased an account in your name which may give them that permission, but i am not sure on this.

Yea it is wierd, it is showing up as an unspecified (or some word of that sort I can't remember) search by Lowell, three times at the address I lived at . . . . not at my current address . . . so it is REALLY STRAGE !!! And also there is no sign of the default !!!! Am I confused by this now or what ?? I can see that they must have bought it around October last year just as it was heading into it's final year before it's statue barred !!!!

Luckily they still don't have my correct current address, so if I can hold out till then I will !!!! . . . . If I had the money trust me I would pay them.:sad:

Yea it is wierd, it is showing up as an unspecified (or some word of that sort I can't remember) search by Lowell, three times at the address I lived at . . . . not at my current address . . . so it is REALLY STRAGE !!! And also there is no sign of the default !!!! Am I confused by this now or what ?? I can see that they must have bought it around October last year just as it was heading into it's final year before it's statue barred !!!!

Luckily they still don't have my correct current address, so if I can hold out till then I will !!!! . . . . If I had the money trust me I would pay them.:sad:

Hello ICO,

Don't worry about it too much.

If they do eventually contact you, don't pay them anything, and don't admit to the debt!

Any idea what the old "alleged" debt is for?

Was it an unrecorded enquiry? If so, then it's not a credit check and it won't show up to anyone else searching on you.

It's just what they do to confirm your address details - the fact that they did it on your old address will mean they now have your new one!

Hello ICO,

Don't worry about it too much.

If they do eventually contact you, don't pay them anything, and don't admit to the debt!

Any idea what the old "alleged" debt is for?

Good old capitol one I believe . . . they have done the check at my original address and linked that to my parents and are now chasing me there, but still haven't got my new address. Maybe it's because I have never applied for any credit at my new address that they just can't get it, so they are trying for the next best thing.:(

On another note if Lowell do an unrecorded enquiry on me that shows on experian, would the default show up on experian ??? . . . as I can't see any sign of it !!!:confused: