Quick Question

DietCoke

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I sent off my breakdown of charges to HSBC Just over a week ago not heard anything back yet.

My question is I didn't include interest Just a breakdown of actual charges less a couple of refunds they made me and my claim totalled over 2k.

Now the first 14 days is running out now and im getting ready to send the second letter but after reading here. I have got and used a spreadsheet which also works out interest which amounts to almost an extra £500.

When I send my second letter saying they have not replied can I add in that because they didn't choose to reply to my first letter im adding interest on as well? Thanks in advance.

And if they do reply back before the 14 days the full amount can I then reapply for the charges? Or will that be it then? So if they say ok we will offer you 80% on the actual charges am I then prohibited from claiming interest at a later date?

No, do not include any interest until you file a court claim. Make sure you send your second letter registered and give them another 14 days. If you do not hear from them or get a fob off letter, just carry on foward. File a MCOL and then you can add the interest at 8%.

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

Thanks for the reply. I sent the first letter special delivery by 9am the following day courtesy of my employers :lol: And ill do the same with the next one.

One last question if they make me an offer on the principle sum of just the charges alone and I accept does that then rule out claiming interest in view of the fact I have not taken it to court stage?

That is right. If they offer you the full amount before going to court, you then have to forget the interest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

Good luck!:p