Jump to content

HSBC Bank transfers


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My mother in law who is a pensioner, has an account with the HSBC and they recently took money from one of her accounts without first seeking her permission and put it into another one of her accounts which was overdrawn, leaving her with no money. When she went into the bank to try to resolve this they told her it would cost her £20 to transfer the money back!

Are the bank entitled to do this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

if it was her pension that they have taken - then no they are not entitled to do this. see the attached link.




Dear Sir/Madam,



I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a Tax Credit payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

Rent £xx

Utilities bills £xx

Housekeeping money £xx

I will withdraw the money on the day that it is deposited for the above use, and I would be grateful if you would ensure that any other payments out of my account do not interfere with this withdrawal.


Yours faithfully,




Additionally here is further info thanks to JonCris

You may also wish to insert the following in your letter to the bank.


Social Security Administration Act 1992


Certain benefit to be inalienable **


187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bancrupcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors.


just tweak the letter to show 'pension' or whatever the credit would have been. hope this helps.

  • Haha 1

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...