Letter crossed in thepost - advice please

sarahtictoc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya - I sent my 14-day on March 2nd with copies of all statements and charges highlighted plus a spreadsheet detailing the same. I then got 'cold feet' and after nearly four weeks and no reply I asked for help here at the BAG. I was advised (in the newcomers thread) to go ahead and send the LBA letter - which I did on March 28th by recorded delivery.

Now then - today I receive a letter from Lloyd's TSB (Andover) dated March 27th but postmarked April 2nd which appears to be a response to my 14-day letter. From other fora I gather that the reply I have received is a standard one - their main point being that:

'The Office of Fair Trading has published bew guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default charges' that people pay when they break an agreement with us. this doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. they are not default charges becasue you have'nt broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.'

The charges I am claiming are for O/D Excess Fees, O/D Usage Fees and Unauthorised Borrowing Fees.

So - if I understand other threads correctly - I am claiming for the right kinds of chargs to be refunded - but my dilemma is this: given that my LBA letter and their reply to my 14-day letter appear to have crossed in the post - when should I continue to the next step? Should I wait for the 14-days of the LBA letter to expire and then go ahead - or do it ASAP.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Sarahtictoc

Stick to your timescale. POst the LBA 14 days after you posted your inital request. They do use lots of stalling tactics so it's better you do this on your own timescale Good Luck!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Thanks for your reply -I am not clear though on wht you are saying. I already sent my LBA letter on 28th March by recorded delivery and THEN received a reply to my 14-day letter today.

At what point do I go to the next step? Do I wait for the LBa 14-days to expire or do I act directly on their response to my first 14-day letter?

Please advise

Sorry, It's still early. You need to wait for your LBA to expire then file in court using MCOL or an N1 form in person. According to your dates this is the 11th of april (or there abouts) All the stuff you need is in the library. Hope this helps

• Haha 1

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Thanks lovely - should I keep this thread now as my main means of contact with BAG? Or should I be somewhere else?

also - are Lloyds TSB likely to bother replying to the LBA letter I snet - just curious

You've been a great help - wish me luck.

Yes, This is the right place to keep posting for LTSB. When I got a reply from them it was a standard letter with no offer. Glad to be of help and Good luck

Trev

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON