Paypal - Judgement by default against them!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had to look up CPR to see what it meant - originally I thought it must stand for "Crown Protection Racket". How wrong can one be... :->

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Paypal are a nightmare, google are setting up a rival service apparently so hopefully they will provide competetion that is sorely lacking at present

22nd Sept MCOL filed vs smile bank :!:

27th Sept LBA amount paid by smile

6th Oct Full MCOL amount paid by smile

Result = :D

I think luck went against you here, some judges would have lost the rag with them and sent them packing; other judges keep giving people chances to be able to put their argument forward and obtain a 'fair' outcome based on argument of the facts.

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!:

Google's UK payment service 'Checkout' is already live - it started a few months ago, however eBay don't allow it as a payment option on their system! Why am I not surprised?

Update!!!!!

Hearing was adjourned until 2pm today, well heres what happened...

Went to court hearing at 2pm and there was some foreign bird there representing paypal - she had no defense prepared!

She didnt have a clue what she was on about and the judge was having a right go at her, basically saying that the claim was served upon them at that address, and the fact it didnt get to paypals office inside was not mine nor the courts fault, but paypals!

He then turned to me and said 'ive got every sympathy for you, and i know up to now you have had alot of your time wasted' - then told paypal to get it sorted! He gave them until 4pm on 14th june to have defense served to me, if I hear nothing I can then get my judgement back.

So. if i hear nothing in 7 days then i gonna send the bailiffs in big stylee, along with a wasted costs order!!

If you get a defence from them check the date on the covering letter. Solicitors have a habit of sending the day before service is due relying of Royal Mail to deliver the following day.

You could receive it in the post on the 14th but they still be unable to prove service if their covering letter is dated the 13th.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Well they sent their defence, sent from ireland via a courier with loads of terms and conditions stating that their reason is fair etc etc... and this was written by the same woman that turned up in court last thurs.

So let me get this straight, they owe me £173, and they paid for someone to come over from ireland, all the way to weymouth (dorset) for a 5 min court hearing. It must have cost them loads to do this!

Anyway its up to the district judge now, so have to wait and see what happens.

the fact that paypal are also changing from 'paypal (europe) ltd' to 'paypal luxemburg' makes me smell an even bigger rat.

If she was a Solicitor, she wouldn't have come from Eire as she'd need to be registered with the English Law Society to practise in England & Wales. More likely she's London based, and works from there.

• 5 weeks later...

Update!!!!

Well, the court decided to have another hearing. I got the notice a few days ago for it to be in september.

Anyway... Today I had this email....

Subject : Offer of settlement of your county court claim

Dear Mr. ********

I refer to the above mentioned matter and the court hearing of the 03rd of September 2007.

Without any admission of liability and for administrative reasons only PayPal is prepared to offer you a full settlement of your claim in the sum of 203.48 GBP.

If you are agreeable to accept this offer I will send a settlement agreement to be signed together with a draft consent order that need to be filed in court in cases of settlement.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or queries.

Yours sincerely,

Elena Calavia

Legal Counsel

PayPal

So, I replied saying yes (as its all i wanted anyway) and kept every detail of the email, including senders IP addresses... just in case!

Finally, a result!!

Good to hear - however I wouldn't sign any Consent Order until the money is in your hands. Also, as the pursuer in this instance, I would tell them that on receipt of settlement, you will arrange for the action to be discontinued. Letting them provide you with forms to do this is a bit like them taking control of the matter, which I would never let a Defender do!

ooh another thought - if they do pay up, should i put in for something like a wasted costs order?

You need to agree a final figure to conclude the matter - so if you've had additional costs in the matter, explain what they are and the final amount your require to settle. They can still opt not to, so bear that in mind.

• 1 month later...

Out of interest, it seems that PayPal have changed their policy now that they have become a bank..

I had an email last month saying that although my account was suspended, I could now withdraw my money from it! So I did straight away.. No need for court action.

Farewell PayPal.. :p