Hi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - just discovered your site. It's great not to feel alone!

I sent my first letter about claiming thousands of pounds of charges, to Bank of Scotland two months ago. I have received two letters from them saying they were looking into my case - the second letter said they would contact me by 4th April - I've still had no response. Just written second letter telling them I am going to court and will post it on the 4th, if still get no response!

But... can anyone advise - I read in the Glasgow Herald that in Scotland you can only claim up to £750 through the small claims court - has anyone living in Scotland received a full settlement of more than that amount? As I said, I am looking for a few thousand! It just doesn't seem fair that we in Scotland should be restricted.

cheers

Hi Evian.

To claim more than £750 you could have to use summary cause or ordinary cause. You would have to use solicitors and if you lose you would probably be stung for costs.

We no longer advise splitting the claim into £750 chunks as some Scottish courts are not accepting second or subsequest claims on the same account, and are striking them out.

Your best route will be to send all the letters as usual but instead of the letter before action, make it a letter before Ombudsman.

The Financial Ombudsman Service will deal with your claim, no matter what the size, through to completion. What's more the bank will be charged £400, as well.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 3 weeks later...

"What's more the bank will be charged £400, as well."

Another upside to the Ombudsman.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.