"good will gesture"

JULIE MCEVOY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

It seems that many people are being given £750 back from Lloyds TSB as a "good will gesture" without any choice the money is returned to accounts. We had a letter stating that this was in no way an admission that they were in the wrong but the money was being returned to our account within 7 days. This letter was received 3 days after our court papers were filed, so as it stand we are still filing for the full amount (case to be heard thurs 5th april along with several others in a box? hearing).If the judge finds in our favour, will he instruct payment for the full amount, as far as we know the bank has not told them about the "goodwill gesture", and neither have we, if he does how do they stand about claiming back their "goodwill gesture" as they will then have to admit that it was in part payment of illegal charges!!! Wouldn't that be dangerous??

Any comments from anyone.

If the case does end up in court whoever represents Lloyds would inform the judge that a goodwill payment had been made and any settlement would have that taken into account. If they don't then you should as the payment is linked to your complaint/claim.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

I have the same issue. £750 credited to my account but no letter informing me as yet. My worry is that by accepting this they will turn around an say that I have already had a good will payment from them and therefore cannot claim anymore. Any advice anyone?