Car Warranties

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DOEs anyone know how long a second hand dealer has to provide a warranty for I have heard 1 month 3 months 6 months, which is correct?

Is it worth getting a warranty privatly?

I know we are not supposed to recomend a particular thing on these forums so can I ask which warranty companies to avoid ?

Dealers do not have to provide warranties at all.

However if you are buying as a consumer they cannot restrict your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act, which states that all goods purchased must be of satisfactory quality, fit for all normal purposes and as described. This still applies to second hand goods although it will not cover faults which are attributable to normal wear and tear, so in this case the age, mileage and value of the car are all relevant.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

are you a member of the AA??, if so ask about there warranty cover for £54, its pretty good as far as warranties go when it comes to claiming and wil get you out of most sticky situations