hsbc employee wants to make a claim

danthejoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A friend of mine is working at hsbc at present and has done so for about 7 months, not in the retail banking side but in a seperate part of the bank. He is pretty skint, needs to pay for his wedding and get out of the spiral of charges and getting overdrawn & paying more charges he is in right now.

He understand & has read the FAQS.

What he wants to know is how likely is he to be dismissed if he attempts to make a claim? Any other bank employees claimed and kept their jobs?

Thanks everyone, what a great website & messageboard, such helpful people, thanks.

you could look up NATTIE on the search - (not to be confused with nettyg on our forum) NATTIE was a natwest employee - they might be able to tell you - i would think the bank would take a dim view of one of their employees claiming. but who knows?????

It would be fair to say that an employee would not have much of a career at the bank after making a claim. I think that they can make a claim and should not be dismissed otherwise the bank would be looking at a case of unfair dismissal which could be a lot more expensive than paying back the charges and if your friend is cute about handling information it could be extremely bad PR for the bank. If they were to be dismissed, another way to play it is to become a whistleblower on the whole charges thing if they have access to the information. There is some relatively new legislation about sacking whistleblowers under the Public Interest Disclosure Act (PIDA) that could be helpful!!!

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

as far as i'm concerned.... when you are employed by hsbc, you are 'obliged' to take out a hsbc account, so that makes you a customer, who they treat very badly and so you should claim same way!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

as far as i'm concerned.... when you are employed by hsbc, you are 'obliged' to take out a hsbc account, so that makes you a customer, who they treat very badly and so you should claim same way!

That is true, but they reserve the right to sack the employee too!!!:rolleyes:

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

they do reserve the right to sack an employee, but it would be a case for unfair dismissal tribunal - like i said, you are obliged to open an account as an employee, but you are still a customer at the end of the day.

i worked for them. they do not give preferential treatment as far as charging you!!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

The only problem as I see it is that as a bank employee you are required to keep your account in good order and I believe that it is a sackable offence to run your account badly. Doesn't mean you can't claim back charges though. :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

The only problem as I see it is that as a bank employee you are required to keep your account in good order and I believe that it is a sackable offence to run your account badly. Doesn't mean you can't claim back charges though. :)

If it was in good order you wouldn't have charges..lol

Personally i would think that they can claim, but whilst not being sacked, i bet their position would be made uncomfortable to the point that you want to quit?