Mortgage exit admin fees

the main man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have received a reply from Birmingham Midshires and dont know if I am chancing my arm with this one, although not huge sums £65.00.

The letter basically says that although recent articles suggest that the MEAF fee should be £35.00 the FSA makes no specific providion for the fee to be capped at £35.00. We made you aware that we would charge you £100.00 and that is what we did, although we take customer complaints very seriously! Mmm

What do you think?

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Repost this question in the Mortgage forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/

Also read this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/71299-mortgage-exit-admin-fees.html

I think, others may disagree, that if they said they would charge you £100 and only charged £100 then they are safe. The main issue with this is where they have said they will charge you £100 then charged you £350....

If you repost in mortgage forum you will get quicker more relevant advice

• 3 months later...

i know this is a very late response to this - but after watching trevor mcdonald last night - i understood that the rules of engagement are quite clear on this - if the customer complains - they will be refunded the difference between what the fee was when the mortgage was taken out and the actual fee paid when the mortgage was transferred or paid off.

• 1 month later...

I got £140 for a similar call.

Easy Money from the banks for a change.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]