Old Accounts

Megellen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Between MOH & Myself, we have 5 or 6 organisations that we want to reclaim our charges from.

The trouble is that with various house move and downsizing efforts, we have lost details of two of the accounts:

a business bank account with Barclays

a personal account & credit card with Abbey National

How, if at all, can I find/get details of those accounts (numbers etc) to start proceedings.

ANY help would be appreciated.:)

Nationwide S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 09/05/07 Claiming £2792 LBA 23/05/07

MCOL filed 30/06/07

Barclaycard S.A.R. 03/04/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 11/06/07

Claiming £516.00 LBA Sent 03/07/07

Abbey S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £1380 LBA 03/07/07

MBNA S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £799 LBA 03/07/07

Waiting to do:- GE Capital Bank / M&S Money / Bristol & West / Capital One

Guest ian cognito

Send an SAR including details of the address you lived at when you held the account and proof of your current address, e.g. a utility bill, driving licence etc, the SAR is for all the info they hold on you so you don't have to include the account numbers.

Good luck!

The only problem here though ian - and I suspect it could possibly depend on the bank - is that quite often the response to this is "we can only find accounts with a relevant account number". Seen this happen a lot - not seen a lot of ways around this though?

It would seem that the addresses aren't enough. I haven't seen any advice on how to get around this though I'd be intrigued if there was?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

A SAR is against a person not an account. If you send the SAR they are obliged to send all info they hold on you. There is no obligation to supply an account number. If they with hold info you can report them to the ICO or take court action.

Provided you give them enough detail to identify you then they have to comply.

• Haha 1

Thanks zoot. I was guessing that might be the case but any number of people I've come across (and also a few of my own) have received letters saying we can't find you without an account number and I've been taking that for granted and assuming we would have to find the account numbers.

EDIT Come to think of it, most (if not all) have been people with Natwest or RBS so I guess there is a link there....

I guess I've been a bit naive as this is obviously more stalling tactics.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!