Redrob V's Cap One

Redrob

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phoned up a couple of weeks ago to request a copy of one statement, I'd read here somewhere that Cap One happily send copy statements without need for SAR so thought I'd give it a go. When I got home today, I had an envelope full of statements. Are they just assuming that any statement request is to due with reclaiming penalty charges and sending the lot as a matter of course?

Anyway, I'll fill out the spreadsheet and work out charges, probably send the letter on Saturday as it's difficult to get to the post office to send a recorded delivery letter during the week.

How long should I expect it to take before they settle?

• 1 month later...

Bit of a Delay, but Sent Prelim letter today. Only £200 in charges + £124.21 interest @ 29.9% which I worked out to be 0.082% per day. Wish me luck.

They will not take you claim seriously until you file court action, just go with the prelim 14 days, LBA 14 days then file court action. They will acknowledge the claim and you will get an offer anytime before the 28 days are up. You will also get the usual offers before you file court action and they will say they cannot pay you any more. As you are claiming CCI DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OFFERS, you will find the rejection letters in the library. When claiming CCI you need to keep your claim intact.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter reducing fees from £20 to £12. Have replied with LBA accepting money allready credited to my account only as partial settlement and asking for the balance within 14 days.

Interestingly, I only mentioned 10 charges in my prelim letter, but they have credited my account with £88, so I re-checked my statements and found one I had missed.

I very nearly didn't bother to proceed, not 100% confident of getting the CI so had to ask myself if I feel it's worth the hassle of court action for little over a hundread quid, but decided to go for it anyway, it's my money after all.