Hope someone can help...

kelgt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I'll try and keep this as short as I can,

Back in 2002 I got myself into a lot of debt with store cards,catalogues,credit cards, Hp etc..

In early 2003 it got that much on top that I went and seeked advice from the CAB. They advised me to get an admin order through my local county court and I did.

The total admin order was for £4066.98 and I agreed to pay back all my debtors at an arranged £38 pm

Since the order, I have had some circumstances changes and it has been reduced to £20 pm that I'm still paying now.

Now since succesfully reclaiming my bank charges back I was wondering if it is at all possible to get my old store/credit card statements (I've got the account numbers ) and see just how much of that old debt is made up of unfair penalty charges?

Most of these old debts got sold to collection agencies before the admin order came into effect though, so I don't know where to go from here.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section, I didn't know where to post this.

I hope my post is understandable by someone who can point me in the right direction regarding this matter.

The original companys I'm hoping to get some unfair charges back from are:

First National (says on my order it was a loan, but I don't remember ever having a loan so I presume it was an HP agreement)

MKOne store card

Comet store card

Providian credit card

Would I have to contact the orignal lenders for my old statements with a SAR letter?

Thanks for reading,

Kel.

29/03 - DPA request letter sent to Nationwide

01/04 - Confirmation of DPA request received.

04/04 - Approcah for repayment made

18/04 - LBA letter sent

20/04 - All money refunded to my account!

MKOne store card

Comet store card

Providian credit card

Would I have to contact the orignal lenders for my old statements with a SAR letter?

Thanks for reading,

Kel.

Yes Kel..Original creditors for the SAR...Good luck and keep us posted!

Just hate every DCA out there

Thanks! Any idea where I would find the details for these? and would I have to send £10 to each?

18/04 - LBA letter sent

Thanks! Any idea where I would find the details for these? and would I have to send £10 to each?

I'm not sure of the addresses of those, but yes, unfortunately you will have to send £10 to each.

I had many store cards myself and the charges they pile on are ridulous, so it should be well worth £30.

Good luck :)

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Thanks for that, maybe I'll do them 1 at a time. Any idea what I should do about First national? I can't remember ever being accepted for a loan of any kind! yet I owed them almost £1500 back in 2003! must have been a credit arrangement is all I can think of, what are my chances with this one?

No doubt it's one of them that charged me extortionate charges for late payments etc, that's why the amount was so high, almost triple what I owed the others.

Oh and one last thing... say I was to be succesful in making a claim against any of these companies, would I receive the cash or would it get knocked off my admin order total?

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just a little overwhelmed by it all and giving myself a headache lol.

18/04 - LBA letter sent

Thanks for that, maybe I'll do them 1 at a time. Any idea what I should do about First national? I can't remember ever being accepted for a loan of any kind! yet I owed them almost £1500 back in 2003! must have been a credit arrangement is all I can think of, what are my chances with this one?

No doubt it's one of them that charged me extortionate charges for late payments etc, that's why the amount was so high, almost triple what I owed the others.

Oh and one last thing... say I was to be succesful in making a claim against any of these companies, would I receive the cash or would it get knocked off my admin order total?

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just a little overwhelmed by it all and giving myself a headache lol.

It can be overwhelming hun, but please don't let it get you down!

As for First National, I would request a CCA first of all, that should stop them in their tracks and you should find out what the agreement is actually for....then you can SAR and get the charges back/knocked off the total

If you are succesful, the charges should be knocked off what you owe.

Please keep us updated on this, remember to keep everything in writing, do not be intimidated by the bully tactics these people use and ANY advice you need on this matter....just ask! This site is full of people who can help :)

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

It can be overwhelming hun, but please don't let it get you down!

As for First National, I would request a CCA first of all, that should stop them in their tracks and you should find out what the agreement is actually for....then you can SAR and get the charges back/knocked off the total

If you are succesful, the charges should be knocked off what you owe.

:)

If the debts have been sold, you can demand payment (for unlawful charges) by cheque..

Just hate every DCA out there