Welcome Finance - SAR request?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone have been reading the posts regarding Welcome Finance as my girlfriend was put through the mill by them over a number of years and has decided to take them on. She settled the debt a couple of years ago but in reading these post it seems she can claim back PPI as well as any unauthorised charges?

As a veteran of reclaiming bank charges i have a reasonable idea what I am doing but must confess this is a bit new to me. Is there an SAR template for personal loan companies or, if not would anyone mind if I 'borrowed' theirs to get me started?

Also can she claim back some of the horrendous interest they charged her on PPI and on these charges in the same way you can with bank charges if you were overdrawn?

Thanks in advance it's reassuring to read some of the success stories - I hope to join you soon.

standard letter same as bank one

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

this is a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST, DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account from its inception or for at least the last six years. I do not require full statements only a list of charges, but if the data is hard to process a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

You have 40 days in which to comply

Yours faithfully,

best of luck......

Ive just had welcome wipe off £2.7k for a crap agreement :-)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D