HSBC "Charges due to be applied"?

ajmno1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After help from the old hands at CAG I have now calculated my charges, £2,292.00 penalties and £308.54 interest on penalties, to date.

However, I am unsure whether to proceed as yet as I currently have a notice on my internet banking stating I have a £100 of charges incurred for banking services for the period of 28 February 2007 to 27 March 2007. Apparently, the amount shown will be deducted from my account on 18 April 2007.

Can I issue my initial letter with breakdown s\s including this additional figure, which has not yet been taken, but has a fixed future date? Or should I wait, problem being I could keep waiting for a month this doesn't appear\happen...

I guess the only alternative is to draw a line in the sand, go for it and then do a second claim for any other charges that are incurred from now to receipt of my compensation!?!:roll: But then I would have to pay a second lot of fee's and go through the process again...

Are there any examples of a customer, once winning a case, then contacting the bank and getting the other charges wiped that have since been added whilst the case has been ongoing?

Thanks for your time.

AJM.

If you do your prelim letter now, by the time 14 days have passed the charged would have been taken, then you can include it in the schedule when you do your letter before action. You can update your schedule of charges right up until you file a claim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi Jowalshy, thanks for responding. Looking in the library under 2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment. it says I must include a copy of my schedule of charges? So I will omit this "future" entry from the first schedule of charges but include it once I come to claim via court?

Thanks,

AJM.

yes, that would be the way to proceed.

for your first and even your second letter a list of charges is fine - just a list with the date of the charge, the name of the charge and the amount of the charge. by the time you are getting ready to file your claim - you will want them on a spreadsheet - and by then you will be able to add that extra charge. just fill in the simple spreadsheet and it will calculate the 8% interest which you can add at the claim stage.

don't send statements - send a list of charges with the first two letters - oldest charges first - date order to newest ones.

• 2 months later...

So I have received an offer letter from HSBC for £2,075.10. My total claim including 8% interest comes to £3,161.91. I have filed my claim already though at the additional cost of £120 and included 167 pages of T's & C's obtained via CAG links (thankyou). My printer nearly went into meltdown!! I only included a single copy of T's & C's for the court\judge (3 copies of charges and form though) as these are HSBC controlled documents that they have full visibility of and I can print another copy to take to court if needs be. Please shout if any of this is not correct and I should have issued 3 copies. Claim would then have to include £100 of printer ink though...:-|

I am also about to send a letter to DG solicitors outlining the charges and I have included the statement that the court has been issued with the T's & C's.

In the offer document from HSBC they advise to move to the next stage I should write to the Service Quality Team in Leeds or\and onto the financial ombudsman. Is there any requirement to follow this process as well?

Thanks for your help.

Ajmno1.

As you have already filed your claim you are now dealing with DG Solicitors. The offer you received was from HSBC and was probabaly in response to your prelim letter or LBA. You will need to send a rejection letter to HSBC (that is if you are going to reject their offer) or a partial acceptance letter. Explain in your letter that you have already begun proceedings through the courts and that you will only now accept £xxxx.xx in full and final settlement. Show a breakdown of how you came to the amount i.e Total charges + Stat Interest + Court fee.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D