Eastham75 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Requested my statements just over a week ago and received them on Saturday,

will go through them tonight.

then start action tomorrow,

Theres about 3 of us at work all doing the same with different banks.

I have the template for the first letter which i hope to send out tomorrow is there anything i should be carefull of ??

or is it a case of fill in the blanks send it out and then send the 2nd letter?

Don't forget to do a schedule of he charges to send with your letters. Use the templates in the library.

Good luck

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Also read the newcomers guide and as many threads as poss in order to keep one step ahead. If you do have a question, just ask.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

eastham75,

After filling the blanks, make sure there are no spelling or typo errors in your letter. That will make it professional looking.

Don't forget to add the printout of the spreadsheet you compiled of the unlawful charges when sending your preliminary letter.

Also, keep to your own timetable. The bank may reply your letter saying that they will respond to your complaint in 4, 6 or 8 weeks. That is normal delay tactics. Ignore their timetable and follow your own timetable.

Whether they provide response to your letter or not, until your money is refunded, after 14 days of sending preliminary letter, follow with letter before action (LBA). If they fail to respond to your satisfaction, progress court case after further 14 days.

Good luck

• Haha 1

Cheers by the way on the spreadsheet to i enter the actual charge that the bank have debited or do i have to adjust it down by say £4 or what ever?

i have downloaded the spread sheet here at work and will fill it in in the morning.

many thanks

You do not reduce the charge amount at all. Just put down exactly what it says on your statements.

Date , Description of charge , Amount.

Hi - like everyone has said just read as many threads and the FAQ's. It gets less confusing the longer you're on here & everyones ready to help. Don't know where you stay BUT if it's Scotland make sure you read the Scotland section - small claim amounts differ and there are now problems with splitting claims into smaller amounts. (Although I've just realised that with a name like Eastham you're probably not from up here LOL)

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

i phoned the Halifax with a question just over a week ago they debited my a/c with the £5 and i received them on Saturday.

the fellow at Halifax told me to allow 28 days but added it would be more like 15 but was actually 8.

my claim is around £3600 my statements made really awful reading quite depressing really.

What are the maximums in England for the small claims court?

By the way iam now essex based ex of E.London

• Haha 1

It is £5,000 in the small claims court.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes, you will probably recieve the letter to say they have 8 weeks, if you do just ignore that, and keep to your times.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

You dont have to give them extra time. Regardless of holidays. 14 days is still plenty.

If it was the other way round im sure they wouldnt be so nice.

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck eastham:)

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

i sent my LBA off on the 25th to Halifax bank,customer relations PO Box 548 Leeds by recorded delivery but as yet the post office has not confirmed delivery on the tracking system, is it worth phoneing the Halifax to check receipt or faxing them a copy of the letter and schedule?

If you have their fax number, its a good idea to send a copy of your letter and schedule to them. At least you have made necessary effort to notify them of your request.

Whether they acknowledge it or not, keep to your timetable.