• Tweets

• Actually there wasn't a massive amount of work to do on the WS.  The "meat" was there because of the great work you'd already done. Here is a version which I think is nigh-on finished. However, with Easter there are a few days for the other regulars to suggest tweaks. Defendant WS.pdf
    • Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

London Mortgage PPI run around

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all just an update

Sent a S A R to Norton Finance as London Mortgage Company informed me my PPI was with Norton Finance

Received a letter this morning from Norton saying

"London Personal Loans Policy Summery has been updated since my loan was completed in November 04 ans tells me to contact London Mortgage for a copy of the Policy Summery from that date.

Norton them tell me that Sterling Insurance was the Insurance Provider. Hu !!!

They also say that they cannot provide any recordings of calls as they dd not record calls at the time my loan was processed.

I have checked all my info received from London Mortgage Company (SAR)

and now where does it mention any where who the PPI was with.

I would appreciate any thoughts please, Im sick of been given the run around, this has been going on since October 06

I have never had any documentaion or correspondance for any PPI, It seems its impossable to find out who is supposed to o fsupplied the alleged cover.

Regards Lynn

Just had acknowledgement from London Mortgage pointing out that

1) " If data is held on our file for a third party (e g where account is in joint names) details will not be released."

This was a single* insurance but loan was in both names

2) " Where third party correspondence is held, they will write to the parties to obtain their authority to release copies to us. "

as I have sent the same D P A letter to all three of them, London Mortgage Company, Norton Finance , and Sterling Insurance one of them will have to produce our PPI information

"They will contact me when in a position to provide the information I have requested."

Question is can anyone enlighten me with their comments

Thanks Lynn

Just had acknowledgement from London Mortgage pointing out that

1) " If data is held on our file for a third party (e g where account is in joint names) details will not be released."

This was a single* insurance but loan was in both names

2) " Where third party correspondence is held, they will write to the parties to obtain their authority to release copies to us. "

as I have sent the same D P A letter to all three of them, London Mortgage Company, Norton Finance , and Sterling Insurance one of them will have to produce our PPI information

"They will contact me when in a position to provide the information I have requested."

Question is can anyone enlighten me with their comments

Thanks Lynn

Hello Bach,

Its a bit like "here we go around the Mulberry Bush" senario.

I know how you feel. I am in the same boat. I just kept writing to them and ringing them and eventually they came up with the good.

I personally feel the buck stops at London Mortgage, as they sold it to you and probably made a lot of commission on it or they own the company.

,In the letter they sentto you it sounds like they need permission of your otherhalf to give the information. Did you send the letter signed by both of you. If not .Send a letter from your otherhalf giving permission to release the info

They think that if they give you the runaround, you may give up.

What have you threaten them with. Non-compliance of SAR reporting them to the Information Commissioners Office and Legal action.FOS. Can you tell us?

Don't forget they have to prove to you that it wasn't mis-sold

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Hellhasnofury,

Thanks for support, yes we both signed the letters.

I will certainly send a non compliance of SAR and report to Information Commissioners Office and FOS.

This has been going on since early July now and can't seem to get the answers, Iv even got my eveidence together for Court, but I don't know who Im dealing with as yet. The bottom line is that they ticked my box for PPI and quted the total repayments including the PPI so Im say that was pre assumptivnes of the selling of PPI

Iv only just noticed today when I went through the correspondence that It was me who arranged the loan, they had no dealing with my husband at all, but they have put my husband down for the single Payment Protection Insurance. My case is complicated I know for a fact that I have them with the PPI claim but cannot for the life of me get the answeres need to go to Court.

Thank for yr interest and advice good to have a chat

Good Luck Have been watching yr threads to

Lynn

Hi Hellhasnofury,

Thanks for support, yes we both signed the letters.

I will certainly send a non compliance of SAR and report to Information Commissioners Office and FOS.

This has been going on since early July now and can't seem to get the answers, Iv even got my eveidence together for Court, but I don't know who Im dealing with as yet. The bottom line is that they ticked my box for PPI and quted the total repayments including the PPI so Im say that was pre assumptivnes of the selling of PPI

Iv only just noticed today when I went through the correspondence that It was me who arranged the loan, they had no dealing with my husband at all, but they have put my husband down for the single Payment Protection Insurance. My case is complicated I know for a fact that I have them with the PPI claim but cannot for the life of me get the answeres need to go to Court.

Thank for yr interest and advice good to have a chat

Good Luck Have been watching yr threads to

Lynn

Hello,

What info are you lacking in? is it the loan no, dates of application and date of acceptence, amount of loan, ppi applied and the interest rate. If you know these then just reclaim it or is it not that simple. You claim from whoever sold you it!

Good luck. Stand firm and start setting the goalposts

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

No one will tell me who my PPi was supposed to be with. As I never was asked if I wanted PPi and I never had any correspondance/ term & conditions etc. from Insurance people, London Mortgage tell me I should get in touch with Insurares its only through sending letters back and forwards to various people that they let slip it was first Norton then its now Sterling, problem is, this was 2004 only had it for a year and paid it back they even said I should write to the broker, as the loan was taken out prior to FSA regulations. All London Mortgage will say that the PPI wsa paid out direct to the Insurance Provider by LMc, but will not say who that is. I have all my SAR info even that does'nt tell me who it was with.

your advise and comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Lynn

No one will tell me who my PPi was supposed to be with. As I never was asked if I wanted PPi and I never had any correspondance/ term & conditions etc. from Insurance people, London Mortgage tell me I should get in touch with Insurares its only through sending letters back and forwards to various people that they let slip it was first Norton then its now Sterling, problem is, this was 2004 only had it for a year and paid it back they even said I should write to the broker, as the loan was taken out prior to FSA regulations. All London Mortgage will say that the PPI wsa paid out direct to the Insurance Provider by LMc, but will not say who that is. I have all my SAR info even that does'nt tell me who it was with.

your advise and comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

Sorry its me again, I stated in my last post the buck stopped with the company who were responsible for selling you the ppi in the first place. I presume it was London Mortgage.

To be blunt London Mortgage sold you the PPi. The insurance company whoever it is with, is irrelevant. For example if the ppi cost you £500, with what ever company. The actual cost of the ppi was maybe £300 and London Mortgage would pocket the rest as commission.

You have to start playing hardball with London Mortgage, they are responsible for applying a ppi that you did not want. and are totally giving you the runaround in hope you will get nowhere with this.

Look *&* sold me a ppi I think it was with Cornhill, but not to sure. I went after *&* the company that mis-sold it to me and they have refunded me the ppi. Must admit after a bit of a runaround. but with perserverence I go there.:D

I am not a legal expert and can only give you my opinion through my experiences. It is normal that they will not admit to anything, have you doubting and flouderingbecause they it is not in their interest to give you back your money.

Have you sent them a letter directly asking them to refund you ppi?

I would totally Agree with Hellhasnofurry, The company that set up the agreement and sold you the PPI are the ones that are responsible. Go after them, they will no doubt continue to give you the run around but dont give in to them.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Thanks Hellhasnofury and Ian, yes you are write Iv had enough

Decided to issue court proceddings will spend Easter geting all the bundle together. Hope you all have a good Easter.

I don't know what I would do without you lot Im not well and really strugling to keep things going its good that you keep me positive.

Regards

Lynn

Thanks Hellhasnofury and Ian, yes you are write Iv had enough

Decided to issue court proceddings will spend Easter geting all the bundle together. Hope you all have a good Easter.

I don't know what I would do without you lot Im not well and really strugling to keep things going its good that you keep me positive.

Regards

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

Sorry to hear you are not well.

Can I ask how far you are in the process. Did you Sar them?

Have you sent them your prelim letter?

Have you sent them your Letter before action?

If you have done all these things and still no response, Your opinion are to go through the Financial ombudsman to resolve this matter and of course court.

If you have not issued a claim via the court, you may need advice as what to put on your Particular of Claim. Relevant law etc. I have seen a few floating about the forum. When you have done it either post it for comment or pm it to somebody. Probably Reidnet as he is at the court stage and is a bit clever:D

Your court bundle can wait a bit (its a lot of expense and time consumming) Certaining refresh yourself as to what you will need. but maybe give a while longer, as least till they either put in there defence or you have to fill out allocation questionaire, or even if and when yu get a court date.

They may cough up before that.:grin:

Anyway we are all here to help, just ask and hope you feel well soon

Thanks, Can I get back to you sometime over the weekend with the answers I have that many things going on, I know I did a SAR. I work away from home Monday to Friday and most of my papers are there. Perhaps If you don't mind I can fill you in with the important details and maybe you'll be able to help work through it, two heads better than one and all that.

Thanks again.

Lynn

Make that 3 heads...lol

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi all, hope yr all well

Yes I did a SAR Prelim letter and L B Action letter all done last year.(This has been going on since July 06) backwards and forwards with correspondance wel Iv had enough now.

I have a complaint form from the Financial Ombusman which I have just completed. I what to start a claim through the court now. Up untill now as you know I was'nt sure who to claim from, but taking on board all your thoughts and comments you are right it lies with London Mortgage Company as they set up the PPI in the first place. Now need to get going with the Particulars of Claim and the law etc. going to take a while so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Iv been reading loads of PPI threads this week and read on wobbles the aggreement all typed out. I have never had anything like this or any detailes ever of any PPI terms and agreements etc with any of the loans

Lynn

Hi all, hope yr all well

Yes I did a SAR Prelim letter and L B Action letter all done last year.(This has been going on since July 06) backwards and forwards with correspondance wel Iv had enough now.

I have a complaint form from the Financial Ombusman which I have just completed. I what to start a claim through the court now. Up untill now as you know I was'nt sure who to claim from, but taking on board all your thoughts and comments you are right it lies with London Mortgage Company as they set up the PPI in the first place. Now need to get going with the Particulars of Claim and the law etc. going to take a while so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Iv been reading loads of PPI threads this week and read on wobbles the aggreement all typed out. I have never had anything like this or any detailes ever of any PPI terms and agreements etc with any of the loans

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

IMHO I feel that you have two choices. Going through the FOS and then the court. You have stated that you have made a complaint through the fos, maybe wait and see what their response is (it maybe a while due to the increase in the complaints regarding PPI) and if then no response go throught with the court action.

Possibly read this thread and then make your decision To FOS or not to FOS that is the question

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Lynn,

Just wondered if you have progressed any further. I have managed to dig out my "Loan Payment Protection Insurance Policy Document" from London Mortgages. It clearly states in there that the insurance is through Sterling. I am also wanting to cancel the policy as firstly they said that I had to take it out as the loan was such a large amount and also that I think the cover only covers you for 5 years.

The cancellation policy states - You may cancel your policy for a period of 30 days from the date your policy begins or the date that you receive your policy document. If you do not cancel during this period your policy will normally continue for 3 years even if you settle your loan early. If you claim after you have settled your loan the benefit will be paid to you rather than the lender.

If you wish to cancel before the end date you must first settle your loan and then write to us. Provided no benefit has been paid you may be entitled to a premium refund in accordance with our rebate procedures for this policy.

Which route should i take, Mis sold as not wanted and stipulated i must have or the fact that it only lasts for 5 years???

Any ideas.

Hi , Sorry its taken so long to answer,

I would definatly go for mis sold as not wanted, they stippulated and bullied you in to having it. I understand that most of these PPI loans are anything from 1 3 and 5yrs, just use that as another point,:) .Did they go through any medical questions with you?.

I haven't had any response from London Mortgage yet, have tried to phone but its hope less so sent another letter however, I have had an acknowledgment from F O S saying there are looking into the complaint.

Lynn

I have just noticed your thread. i have a loan with London Mortgage Co arranged through Central Capital. Ifeel I was mis-sold PPI the insurance Co is Sterling. London Motgage didn't want to know because Central Capital sold policy. Central Capital looked at my complaint but said i agreed to PPI by signing loan agreement. I am self-employed so policy doesn't cover me and it only runs for 5 years even though loan runs for 15 years.

I took complaint to FOS who also can't help me because loan was taken out in 2003 and general insurance broking was not regulated until 2005 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hi, not at all sure on this one, but I know a man who may be able to help if you pm reidnet, or nightmare4banks there a bit hot on the law wth this sort of thing. It may be a good idea to put your question on a new PPI thread Im sure your get loads of help there.

Sorry can't help

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

Just received S A R info having asked for it for the second time. first S A R sent in July 06

The info sent is 40 print outs of monitoring the progress when they were setting up the loan. No Credit Agreement or statements or anything at all

Well over half of them belong to a Mr Brown. The letter accompaning the info was addressed to Mr Brown (not our name) but with our account number and address.

When I named this thread London Mortgage PPI run around I was not kidding.

They are so incompetant I am p----d of with them, now I have to send another for the third time of asking. This is no joke

Sorry for the nag but so frustrating

Lynn

Hi to all,

Just received S A R info having asked for it for the second time. first S A R sent in July 06

The info sent is 40 print outs of monitoring the progress when they were setting up the loan. No Credit Agreement or statements or anything at all

Well over half of them belong to a Mr Brown. The letter accompaning the info was addressed to Mr Brown (not our name) but with our account number and address.

When I named this thread London Mortgage PPI run around I was not kidding.

They are so incompetant I am p----d of with them, now I have to send another for the third time of asking. This is no joke

Sorry for the nag but so frustrating

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

I totally agree it is not a joke, don't get disheartened.

They do totally appear to be imcompetant. They have sent you someone elses information as well, Surely that is a breach of that customers confidentiality in the DATA PROTECTION ACT :eek: MMMmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

I presume that they have cashed your £10 cheque or postal order. If they have they have entered into legal contract with you to supply you with the information.

Options

Sent them a non-compliance letter see below

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters also mention their breach of confidentially in them supplying you with another customers details.

and report them to the Information commissioners office )although I do believe they are very busy):Cry:

If you have already sent them this letter and they have defaulted over the 40days you may have to consider legal action against them to get what you need.

See below

Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - Particulars of claim

I think a lot of people are having to do this. what a waste of time and effort.

Keep your chin up, and you will get there in the end.

Hi, sandbro,

Just a thought but if you would like to come and support Reidnet (Ian) at the Court in Wolverhampton we can offer you a meal, wine and a room for the night.

Regards Lynn

Hi, sandbro,

Just a thought but if you would like to come and support Reidnet (Ian) at the Court in Wolverhampton we can offer you a meal, wine and a room for the night.

Regards Lynn

Hello Lynn,

How kind of you to think of me, in supporting Ian when he is due to go to court. I thank you for your kindness and support for all off us.

Unfortunately, I cannot be available around the 22nd of May. I have a horse, who is due to foal around the 18th to 25th May, and I will be spending my nights in a leaking caravan, with my eyes attached to the cctv screen panicking.:shock:

Again many thanks and had it been another time I would have gladly come :grin:

I will be with him in spirit tho:lol: