HSBC no response..

sophalaval
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm a newbie! :)

I sent my letter dated the 15th March stating all the charges and how much I think they owe me and still haven't heard anything back!! I sent it to here:

HSBC Bank

FAO Data Protection Controller

8 Canada Square

London

E14 5HQ

Does anyone have a phone number that I can ring? Or shall I just wait a few days and send the next letter?

Thanks

Hi and welcome sophalaval

I have moved this request for help into the HSBC forum where I'm sure there will be someone to help you.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

But don't send it FAO the Data Controller - that's just for when you are making a subject access request. You seem to have all your statements, and a schedule of what they owe so, as Gez says, carry on with your LBA.

You won't get a reply to that either, but at least when you go to court it will look as if you've tried to resolve things.

Make sure you send the LBA recorded delivery so you can check it's been delivered.

Good luck!

Hiya Soph, welcome to the HSBC forum

If you do get a response from HSBC it will be a standard delaying letter that will tell you they are looking into your claim and they will get back to you when your grandchildren get their pensions. Its much better to stick to the well tried formula of prelim letter, wait 14 days, letter before action, wait 14 days submit your claim to the court.

Here's the guide http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will be along to give you an answer.

pete

Soph, if you read the guide Castlebest has recommended you will see that at step 3 is the preliminary letter (which you have already sent) and at step 4 is the Letter Before Action (LBA). Have a read and make sure that the letter you have already send is similar to the preliminary letter recommended, and that the schedule of charges you attached contains the same info as HSBC will need (date of charge, name of charge, cost, and then a total).

Then you can do the LBA!!!!

Hi all,

I have just re-read the first letter that I sent out detailing the charges and interest and have realised that instead of writing that I need a response within 14 days, I have written 40 days!! Shall I still send the LBA or shut up because I did actually write 40 days?

I am such an idiot!

Thanks

I would still send the LBA anyway. I am not sure that they truely read the letters we send and as it is your money and your claim you are perfectly within your rights to change the timescales!!! :D :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.