Consumer Credit Act - Resources Workshop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at the stage of complaints to the OFT and the Police against Nat West Credit Cards for non compliance of my CCA request. I asked for both the CCA and the PPI agreement and have received absolutely nothing, except demands for non payment and default threats. This all started because I wanted to claim back PPI I have paid since 2003 when I became ineligible to claim through retirement.

I have the template for the OFT complaint, but is there a template for complaining to the police? Which department of the police do you send the complaint to?

Is it New Scotland Yard, or your local police station or what?

Hopefully someone has an answer.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I thought a template should be available in the resources thread if nowhere else.

Thanks in advance

maggiebroom

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

There is a letter that was sent to the DTI on theis very subject last week a transcrpt is here i will keep allinformed on the outcome.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/93663-letters-dti-oft-regarding.html#post903527

Best regars

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I am at the stage of complaints to the OFT and the Police against Nat West Credit Cards for non compliance of my CCA request. I asked for both the CCA and the PPI agreement and have received absolutely nothing, except demands for non payment and default threats. This all started because I wanted to claim back PPI I have paid since 2003 when I became ineligible to claim through retirement.

I have the template for the OFT complaint, but is there a template for complaining to the police? Which department of the police do you send the complaint to?

Is it New Scotland Yard, or your local police station or what?

Hopefully someone has an answer.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I thought a template should be available in the resources thread if nowhere else.

Thanks in advance

maggiebroom

If you were sold PPI when it was forseeable from the outset that you would retire during the contract period, You were mis sold the policy & are entitiled to a full refund of ALL the payments made & not just from the time of your retirement.

This assuming it was a contract term policy & not just an annual policy (renewable each year)

Does the signature have to follow the prescribed terms or can it be on fron tpage and prescribed terms on back?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Does the signature have to follow the prescribed terms or can it be on fron tpage and prescribed terms on back?

The signature and prescribed terms must be on ONE document (which may be several pages long but how do you ensure that each page is related to the other pages AND it was the document you signed upto???)

Z

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is my understanding that the principal prescribed terms should be on the same page & above the signatures

Any idea where this comes from?

The Act refers to document which may be more than 1 page. Is it part of later regulations perhaps?

My confusion is that the Act lays out the order in which the prescribed terms should be followed finally by the signature so to me that means the prescribed terms must be shown above the signature but others seem to say the prescribed persons can be on the other side of the document to the signature i.e after it................surely the whole point is to ensure that the consumer acually sees what the terms are prior to signing...........??

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

subscribing, so I can have a good read tomorrow:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...

subscribed

Won NatWest. Bank charges returned £2,500 November 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Littlewoods April 2007

Ombudsman complaint July 2007

Littlewoods admit no CCA agreement

Refuse to refund PPI

Letter to TS August 2007

SAR Lloyds August 2007

CCa lloyds August 12th

SAR and CCa Halifax 12th Aug

Originally Posted by shane5408 viewpost.gif

shooter,

did they send you any t&c's and are they current to the time you applied the card?

In all agreements i've seen they always state 'by signing this agrement you agree to be bound by our t&c's.'

If the statement re: credit limit is in the t&c's i think it would count.

I'm sure peter will verify

regards,

shane

Hi

Sorry Shane

All Prescribed terms have to be within the agreement not an outside sheet see section 2 of the (1983) regulations.there can be no linking to T and cs or anything esle if it isnt in the agreement it does not count as being part of the agreement, having the notice "in signing this i agree to be bound by some other peice of paper that you could have substtuted for the combined workes of Enid Blighton and put Tand c's on top" does not count if you havn't signed it it don't count no sir.

Sorry time to rest

Best regrds

Peter

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY PETERBARD ON THIS THREAD-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements-422.html

post number 8421

• 3 weeks later...

*subscribing*

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Hi wrote to t-mobile last week the following and today I received a reply from t-mobile as follows;

"I refer to information you requested within your letter and confirm that the Service Agreement you have entered into with T-mobile is regarded as "exempt" under provision of the CCA and as such we are not required to file a notice of default prior to termination of service agreement."

they included a copy of their current service agreement and no documents that I requested, please kindly help me what should write to them to remove this information.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

Thank you.

today I received a reply from t-mobile as follows;

"I refer to information you requested within your letter and confirm that the Service Agreement you have entered into with T-mobile is regarded as "exempt" under provision of the CCA and as such we are not required to file a notice of default prior to termination of service agreement."

AFAIK, phone contracts are not credit agreements regulated by the CCA.

However, as they refer to being exempt under a provision of the CCA, why not ask for chapter and verse: what section of the Act provides the exemption?

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

To subscribe to a thread just click on thread tools and you will find an option to subscribe to the thread without posting. You can also set the notification preferences seeting how often you want to receive an email letting you know of a new post.

Just thought I'd mention it!:D

• 6 months later...

subscribing thanks

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
how do you subscribe...can't find the tools ?

By posting on the thread you have already subscribed.

To subscribe to a thread without posting, go to the top of the thread and click on "Thread Tools" and select "Subscribe to Thread"