• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Skint single mum vs Abbey

Lana241
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks livelylad :D

I can't stop grinning. It couldn't have come at a better time to be honest as i'm taking my children to see , wait for it, Sugarbabes on tuesday night, bought the tickets last year with a bit of spare cash (as mine always goes on them), was a bit down cos i couldn't afford to get them a t-shirt or anything, know they would have just been pleased with going to the concert but it would have been me feeling guilty.

But hey, can get them one now and just seeing a smile on their faces when they get something makes my life worth living. I love them to bits and would do anything for them.

Wish i could have a stronger drink than tea to celebrate but its too early :-|

Never mind, will be on cloud nine all day, it was amazing news and I owe it all to you lot on here.

Thanks again though, I really appreciate all your help and I know its only a small amount but will make a donation too cos as they say, every little helps. :)

But hey, can get them one now and just seeing a smile on their faces when they get something makes my life worth living. I love them to bits and would do anything for them.

This is the reason we all help. :D :D :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just reading up on a few shABBEY cases and yours has stood out to me chuck. i to have gone back to uni. i too was sh**ing myself but it all seems to have gone really quick for me since i started. shABBEY have got till the 16th to defend fingers crossed after this date i can ask for a judgement!!!! my claim is for just under 3,000 but half will be swallowed but the overdraft (all brought on by the bl***y charges in the first place!!!!! but i'll still be left with around 1,700 so not too bad eh!! good luck with your charges lana x x x x ;)

just reading up on a few shABBEY cases and yours has stood out to me chuck. i to have gone back to uni. i too was sh**ing myself but it all seems to have gone really quick for me since i started. shABBEY have got till the 16th to defend fingers crossed after this date i can ask for a judgement!!!! my claim is for just under 3,000 but half will be swallowed but the overdraft (all brought on by the bl***y charges in the first place!!!!! but i'll still be left with around 1,700 so not too bad eh!! good luck with your charges lana x x x x ;)

Thanks for that caj, its good to know there are others out there with money problems, i was ashamed of mine a few years ago and kept it all to myself and it was awful but thanks to everyone on here we can finally start turning the tables.

I go back to work on 16th so will be keeping an eye on how you're getting on. Good luck caj xxxxx :D

Scientia est Potentia :cool:

Story so far:

Halifax - called 02/04/07 refunded £230 07/04/07

Abbey - on hold :(

Cabot - they've given up! :roll:

Capital One - Won including CI :o

Hi everyone,

Still not heard anything from the abbey, suppose it is still a bit early, guess I was just hoping something would happen quick smart like it did with the halifax.

Is this normal for them, 14 days of the 40 will be up soon and they still haven't cashed my cheque, guess with it being a bank holiday it might still happen.

Then again, work didn't send it recorded delivery so do you think I should send another one with another cheque, if so, any ideas when?

Cheers guys ;)

Story so far:

Hi Lana - they didn't cash my cheque until they'd actually sent the last of the statements I'd requested, which was on day 38 of 40! As far as I can tell from other threads, you need to wait until 40 days are nearly up, then phone them to 'remind' them of the need to comply under DPA. If they fail, then send another letter on day 41 giving then another 7 days to comply, failing which you will make formal complaint to Ombudsman, and commence legal action for non-compliance. From what I have read, they always seem to come up with the goods then! Just another of Abbey's (typical) delaying tactics!

Haven't heard of them claiming non-reciept of SAR as letter not 'recorded', but I suppose that wouldn't stop them. I can't see how it would hurt to send a second, 'recorded', letter plus cheque, but if you did they may well claim to have 40 days to reply from reciept of the 2nd letter rather than the 1st, and you may well also get snowed under by 2 copies of everything, and given that they send each statement in its own envelope that could be a heck of a lot of paper!!!!!!!!!

Just a second thought - have you tried phoning to see if they have in fact recieved your first SAR?

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Thanks adam,

No i haven't tried phoning them, was unsure who to phone, I have a number for pam speed from another thread of 08457 654321, is this the number I should phone or another one?

Story so far:

Sorry adam, me again, did a bit more research and got the number from karnevil's sticky at the top, class!! loads of info in there and just spoken to sheena small, very lovely lady who said they'd been inundated with requests and were sending them in batches of 150 each day to bradford to be actioned.

She also said that if I hadn't received anything within the specified time limit to ring her back personally and she would deal with the request immediately.

She also apologised for me not receiving a reply but assured me my request would be dealt with. She also explained the process, 14 months in statement and rest on microfiche, which of course I knew already as an avid reader of these threads now lol :D

Got a shock, expected it to be a nasty call but it wasn't and now looking forward to loads of post, wouldn't care, my postie is a lovely bloke too pmsl

Story so far:

Glad you're sorted Lana. By the way, how did your trip to the show with your kids on your Halifax money go?

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Well believe it or not, they changed their minds and didn't want to go, oldest said she'd grown out of sugarbabes and little one said she couldn't see much when her dad took her to see pussycat dolls so they just asked if they could have new clothes instead, so that's what I did, its been like a fashion parade ever since and they honestly weren't bothered about the concert and to see them smiling again after a rough patch is amazing.

I know £230 doesn't sound much but it is to me, means treats for the kids and was a bonus cos have had a terrible rough patch since xmas, just need to wait and see whether my luck changes when I go back to work after hols, can't say much now cos its a secret but will let you know as soon as I can :)

Story so far:

Hi Lana

Abbey will cave in stick with it I got £18000 back from them which has allowed me to stop existing and get my life back...

my post was called "abbey coughed up " if you need some moral support it might help.

Take care

good luck but you won't need it

Us 40's got to stick together mate

NN

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that night nurse and WOW, congratulations, i know my claim won't be for that much but whatever the amount is I want it back lol

Well it could only happen to me though, not heard anything at all from the abbey, so was bored at work today and gave them a ring, spoke to sheena small again who said that nothing had been requested from either of my 2 accounts. She's put a request in for the statements and will get on to Bradford to request the microfiche.

If they haven't received my original letter can I still post the DPA non-compliance letter after the 40 days?....why can nothing be straightforward for me :(

Story so far:

Hello lana241

Yes, you can, and should, send the LBA for non-compliance after the 40 days are up!

After your conversation with Sheena Small today, though, I think you may find you will receive your statements sooner rather later, hopefully.

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

Hello lana241

Yes, you can, and should, send the LBA for non-compliance after the 40 days are up!

After your conversation with Sheena Small today, though, I think you may find you will receive your statements sooner rather later, hopefully.

Phil:)

I hope so phil, it seems like its taking a lifetime, least I don't have to send another SAR and wait another 40 days, just hope I don't get hassle with the microfiche.

Once this one is on its way i'll start with capital one, or as its pay day soon, might start with them then :)

Story so far:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

haven't been on for a while but just thought i'd update you.

After my telephone call to sheena small I have received the 14 months worth of printouts, now just waiting for the microfiche, she has assured me it will be sent as soon as its retrieved.

40 days are up 14 May so they better hurry up :)

Story so far:

• 3 weeks later...

Morning everyone,

Just thought i'd update you a little as I haven't been around much, been promoted at work and busy with a few things....

My 40 days were up on 14th May but on 2nd May I received a letter from abbey saying they had received my letter (dated 2nd april) and my cheque has also been cashed now. Still no microfiche though.

Going to do my DPA non-compliance letter ready to post on saturday, can't get to post office before that but will do it properly this time and send it recorded delivery. I'm not prepared to wait until 40 days are up from them advising me of receipt of my letter on 2nd May I'm sticking to my deadline. Just wondered if anyone has any other thoughts on this bit.

Just another bit of news, although nothing to do with abbey but have rceived a letter from my mortgage advisor stating that I have 2 exit fees I can claim back too, going to use the letter posted on here for them and once i have found my completion statements going to post them on saturday too.

Going to cost me a fortune in postage with all other letters ready but I don't care now, think its time we made them pay instead of us.

Keep your chin up everyone and sock it to em :rolleyes:

Story so far:

Well guys, looks like gentle reminder worked, first lot of microfiche received for one account today, and a telephone call to sheena small and the other account was posted yesterday (2nd class they send things thoough) so things definately looking up.

Completed spreadsheet for first account, nice tidy little sum on that one, the other account will be bigger, I know that for definate.

Will keep you all posted though ;)

Story so far:

Hi guys, just a quick question,

The majority of my statements came today (only missing 6 months) but I have 2 accounts to claim for.

Should I claim seperately for each or just do one claim for them both?

Without interest it totals 1128.38 so far. I know you can't add interest until the court stage but when interest is added its over 1500.

I know i'm still waiting for the other statements but just wanted to get letter/s ready and thought it might be best to ask someone who's been there before.

:confused:

Story so far:

Hi Lana

I have 2 a/c's on one claim (total about 4.5k) with Abbey, and it's caused no probs so far, & I'm up to the 'AQ filed' stage.

Hope that helps - Adam.

Thanks for that adam, really appreciate your help. just waiting for the last 6 months of statements then the battle begins lol

Story so far:

Hi Lana

Just as a thought that might help, I did 2 seperate spreadsheets, one for each a/c, just to avoid the possibility of anyone claimimg the schedule of charges was confusing!

All the best - Adam.

subscribing, I'm a single parent to, what did you study at uni, I did law?

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Cheers adam, i've done them on 2 s/s and a totals page but thought I was ok with this interest thing but think i've been reading too much lol

The 8% on the spreadsheet, i can't add that on till i do the court claim thing, that bit i understand, then when you submit the court claim, i read somewhere that then interest is multiplied by 0.00022 or something, is that the same as the 8% or something different, cos at the moment my interest by the spreadsheets is working out at 30.24 per day, have i done something wrong?

:confused:

Hi pugsley, welcome to the forum :)

I did a computer networking degree and loved every minute of it. , wish I was still back there, loved my life at uni but glad I did it as a mature student cos i don't think I would have worked as hard if i'd done it sooner :)

Story so far:

The 8% on the spreadsheet, i can't add that on till i do the court claim thing, that bit i understand, then when you submit the court claim, i read somewhere that then interest is multiplied by 0.00022 or something, is that the same as the 8% or something different, cos at the moment my interest by the spreadsheets is working out at 30.24 per day, have i done something wrong? :confused:

8% is the annual interest rate, and to work out your daily interest rate you times the number of days by 0.00022 - so they are the same thing.

Blimey you're up early!!

Apple x

Thanks apple, now i understand lol

i'm always up early, since i had the girls have never been able to have a lie in, sometimes wish i could but at least this way, can be showered and in tesco before 8 and miss the rush, sad or what lol

Story so far: