Skint single mum vs Abbey

Lana241
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Am new to posting, had a lovely welcome from livelylad and thanks to his tips have just re-typed my letter to the Abbey to cover 2 accounts and saved myself a tenner.

Have been reading the boards for months now but never had the guts to do anything about it, am still a little wary but guess I have 40 days to gather courage and more knowledge from the boards.

Will keep you all posted, guess all will be quiet for 40 days but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained eh, and I want MY money back!!!

Bye for now :)

Scientia est Potentia :cool:

Story so far:

Halifax - called 02/04/07 refunded £230 07/04/07

Abbey - on hold :(

Cabot - they've given up! :roll:

Capital One - Won including CI :o

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Am new to posting, had a lovely welcome from livelylad and thanks to his tips have just re-typed my letter to the Abbey to cover 2 accounts and saved myself a tenner.

Have been reading the boards for months now but never had the guts to do anything about it, am still a little wary but guess I have 40 days to gather courage and more knowledge from the boards.

Will keep you all posted, guess all will be quiet for 40 days but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained eh, and I want MY money back!!!

Bye for now :)

Should you require any further help just send me a PM. :)

Hi Lana - spent ages reading all over CAG & by doing that found the confidence to take on Abbey for my partner ("Tish vs Abbey"). Am at the LBA stage now, and really it's nothing like as bad as you think! All we have to do is keep going and we WILL get our money back - lets face it the banks ARE in the wrong, and they can well afford to pay back what they have taken. There's masses of help available here, and many wonderful people willing to give us all the help we need - I've not read yet of anyone failing!!!!!!!!

Keep going Lana - we WILL win!

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Thanks for that Adam, i'm more angry at the moment as earlier today when i was half asleep i made the stupid mistake of logging into the internet banking and requesting copy bank statements online. Had 2 lengthy music playing sessions whilst on hold to somewhere across the ocean trying to cancel my request, after holding on for 20 minutes i hung up.

If they process my request and charge me will take me overdrawn as there's only £1.27 in that account now so will just have something else to add to my claim, either that or the cheque will clear and i'll have paid twice for the same information ffs

Wouldn't care i've read loads of posts over these last few months, shouldn't have done something so stupid, think its desperation sinking in :(

Story so far:

Hi Lana, don't be put off by the standrd letters that they send you. After you send the SAR you will get a letter saying that the records are held on microfishe and will take longer to get. Then after prelim letter you get the standard complaint reply letter telling you that it will take 8 weeks for them to look into it. I sent my LBA 2 weeks ago and have had no reply, when irang them they told methat no one had even be alocated to look into my complaint. i'll be filing in court this week!

Hi Lana, don't be put off by the standrd letters that they send you. After you send the SAR you will get a letter saying that the records are held on microfishe and will take longer to get. Then after prelim letter you get the standard complaint reply letter telling you that it will take 8 weeks for them to look into it. I sent my LBA 2 weeks ago and have had no reply, when irang them they told methat no one had even be alocated to look into my complaint. i'll be filing in court this week!

I think i'm just getting more worried, keep reading posts about not getting all the information and court costs and stuff, i have loads of statements for my account with not many charges on (only £120 inc interest if i go that way totals £160) but i know on the joint account we had there'll be loads of charges and that's the account i'm banking on getting mega bucks back from but i really need the statements, think i need a valium or a drink seeing as its my birthday today and my life was supposed to begin, here's hoping its just the battle with the banks begining hehe;)

Story so far:

Believe me - life DOES begin at ?0 !!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get worried - you'll get all the help you need. On the statement thing, all you need to ask for is a copy of all the charges on your a/c's - that is subject to the DP Act & they can only charge you a max of £10 for the whole lot, even if it's for more than 1 A/C, provided the info is asked for in a single request. Probably best to use the SAR (Subject Access Request) template letter in the CAG library rather than phone. Don't ask for statements themselves - they can charge you more for that. On the Court costs thing, if you're on benefits & / or Working Tax Credit you may well not have to pay them - all the info is on the Courts web site Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home On the joint account thing you may well have to do that one in conjunction with your ex - not certain myself - can anyone else advise Lana PLEASE :confused:

Enjoy the rest of your birthday - have a drink for me!

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Hi and welcome Lana, the joint account is fine for you to claim on severally as it was an account that had your name on also. nless you both needed to sign cheques and things then you "may" have to get your ex partner to claim with you but I dont think that that is the case :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi and thanks for that Lula, it was an instant plus account so no cheque book. The account was closed some time in 2004/05 but from reading other posts I can still claim on it.

Thanks for the welcome also :)

Posting SAR today so watch this space I guess ;)

Story so far:

Hi Lana - you can certainly claim on the, now closed, joint a/c back to 2001 (6 years) - you may be able to go back further, but I'm not sure of the complexities and legalities of that one. The 2 a/c's I'm claiming on are both closed now - doesn't make any difference - claim is still valid. ;)

40 unfortunately, but i honestly don't feel it, or look it according to my friends, guess it had something with giving up my career and going to uni to start again at 35 :rolleyes:

Story so far:

40 unfortunately, but i honestly don't feel it, or look it according to my friends, guess it had something with giving up my career and going to uni to start again at 35 :rolleyes:

Ahh I shall not give cheek to my elders then. ;)

cheeky monkey!!:rolleyes:

Story so far:

on a sterner note though, posted my SAR today, did it from work but unfortunately they didn't send it recorded delivery, will that put me back a bit? I know i'll monitor for the cheque being cashed but that alone isn't proof enough is it?

Here's me thinking positive about getting my money back and i've already hit a snag ffs :mad:

Story so far:

Hi Lana - I would have thought that if your cheque is cashed (which was presumably crossed) then that is absoloute proof that they have recieved your letter. I wouldn't think it'll put you back - Abbey seem to respond just within the 40 days and via a seperate envelope for each statement!!!! Stay positive;)

Thanks adam, bit of great news, hoping everything is ok and keeping positive by reading loads of helpful stuff on here, have posted on a few boards, hope i haven't trod on any toes and stuff but loving my time being on here, just wish i could turn the clock back a few years and wouldn't be in this bl**dy mess :(

Story so far:

You're welcome, Lana. I'm sure all will be OK. Keep reading - I did for hours & hours and you know what - the more you read the clearer it all becomes, and you finish up knowing you WILL win, 'cos you start to understand it all, and on top of that you realise that everyone wins - not heard of anyone yet who hasn't!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know what you mean about turning clocks back - often find myself wishing same thing, but at the end of the day we can't BUT getting back what the banks have taken from us is going to make a heck of a difference! Keep reading, and above all keep smiling:) :) :)

Cheers for the best wishes adam, must admit, I am feeling positive, well, more than I was anyway, guess its just my inexperience of these matters showing a bit.

Think what's frightening me is that most of these shabbey cases seem to go right the way up to court, was hoping they might settle quite quickly but just my luck for it to drag out :(

I'll get there tho, and at the end of it will have a wad of cash too, something that's quite scarce at the moment lol

:o

Story so far:

Yep - sure at the moment they're making us go all the way to the Court door, but as I've said before, no one's lost yet! Not only that but there's many very helpful people here that will help us all the way, and will get us over every hurdle - what would we do without CAG?????

I've got my own theory that before long the Courts & Judges will change what they let the banks get away with as regards them using the legal system for their own gain rather than for what is actually fair, right, and lawful. It's already started - I've seen several times in the last few days that Judges are not always issuing AQ's now, which is one step saved. I just think it'll change a lot more, in our favour, before too long. At least I hope so!

WOW!!!!

Had to tell you all, in a moment of desperation I rang the halifax last monday to see if as a GOGW they would refund my 230 bank charges they've charged me over the last year. Just literally had a call this very minute and they're refunding them no question, into my account within next 48 hours, can't believe it.

Scrape me off the floor!!:D

Story so far:

Hi Lana - massively pleased for you:D Just shows what you can do!!!!!!!! Hopefully that'll give you all the confidence you need to wipe the floor with Abbey & Cap One.. Absoloutely delighted - have a GREAT Easter!

Oh, almost forgot, thanks adam for your kind words, and everyone else's on here, its amazing, with a little bit of courage and help from everyone on here I wouldn't have had the guts to do that before. now i've calmed down and ran round the living room and stuff i've posted a thread on the halifax bit for a bit of detailed info.

I couldn't have done it without you all, you're all amazing and a big thanks to you all.

Keep up the good work ;)

Finger's up to the banks :p

and thanks again :D

Story so far:

WOW!!!!

Had to tell you all, in a moment of desperation I rang the halifax last monday to see if as a GOGW they would refund my 230 bank charges they've charged me over the last year. Just literally had a call this very minute and they're refunding them no question, into my account within next 48 hours, can't believe it.

Scrape me off the floor!!:D

Congratulations

This is great news. :D

Thanks livelylad :D

I can't stop grinning. It couldn't have come at a better time to be honest as i'm taking my children to see , wait for it, Sugarbabes on tuesday night, bought the tickets last year with a bit of spare cash (as mine always goes on them), was a bit down cos i couldn't afford to get them a t-shirt or anything, know they would have just been pleased with going to the concert but it would have been me feeling guilty.

But hey, can get them one now and just seeing a smile on their faces when they get something makes my life worth living. I love them to bits and would do anything for them.

Wish i could have a stronger drink than tea to celebrate but its too early :-|

Never mind, will be on cloud nine all day, it was amazing news and I owe it all to you lot on here.

Thanks again though, I really appreciate all your help and I know its only a small amount but will make a donation too cos as they say, every little helps. :)

Story so far: