Lowell Financial and my daughter (and Wife)

Charizma

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Consumer Action Group and thanks for your time. I'd like to ask your opinion please.

My Daughter obtained a Barclaycard in 2002, which she proceeded to run up £689.68 in debt. She is very poor at managing her life let alone her finances and so subsequently fell behind with payments. Barclaycard sent her numerous reminders, always managing to track my daughters' frequent moves down, until finally she comes to live back at home with my Wife and I.

By this time Barclaycard have offloaded the debt to Lowell Financial.

My Wife comes into the picture now as she finds a letter from Lowell dated 13/2/2007 with the words FINAL DEMAND, your account is now with the pre litigation dept.

Worried sick, as we are moving to USA in 4 months time and the last thing we need is court action on us, and thinking that, as our Daughter is living with us now, we are liable for her debt, my Wife called Lowell Financial and offered to pay the debt off on a monthly basis. As i was not there and my Wife wasn't thinking straight I'm not sure how much verbal force was used on my Wife.

Lowell being Lowell wanted the full amount straight away, but my Wife said she would pay £100 a month. They accepted this and set up a Direct Debit there and then over the phone.

When i found out about this situation, apart from blowing my stack at my Daughter, thought this was the best situation at the time, however my daughter has no intention of paying us back and has moved out of the house now. We are not really happy with the situation.

Can we cancel the Direct debit with Lowell Financial, telling them that my Daughter is no longer at this address?

What, if any claim have Lowell Financial on my Wife and I?

PS my daughter is 23 almost 24.

Hi Consumer Action Group and thanks for your time. I'd like to ask your opinion please.

My Daughter obtained a Barclaycard in 2002, which she proceeded to run up £689.68 in debt. She is very poor at managing her life let alone her finances and so subsequently fell behind with payments. Barclaycard sent her numerous reminders, always managing to track my daughters' frequent moves down, until finally she comes to live back at home with my Wife and I.

By this time Barclaycard have offloaded the debt to Lowell Financial.

My Wife comes into the picture now as she finds a letter from Lowell dated 13/2/2007 with the words FINAL DEMAND, your account is now with the pre litigation dept.

Worried sick, as we are moving to USA in 4 months time and the last thing we need is court action on us, and thinking that, as our Daughter is living with us now, we are liable for her debt, my Wife called Lowell Financial and offered to pay the debt off on a monthly basis. As i was not there and my Wife wasn't thinking straight I'm not sure how much verbal force was used on my Wife.

Lowell being Lowell wanted the full amount straight away, but my Wife said she would pay £100 a month. They accepted this and set up a Direct Debit there and then over the phone.

When i found out about this situation, apart from blowing my stack at my Daughter, thought this was the best situation at the time, however my daughter has no intention of paying us back and has moved out of the house now. We are not really happy with the situation.

Can we cancel the Direct debit with Lowell Financial, telling them that my Daughter is no longer at this address?

What, if any claim have Lowell Financial on my Wife and I?

PS my daughter is 23 almost 24.

Your Daughter is an adult and you're not liable for any of her debts..I would cancel the D/D and let Lowell know that she has moved out of the home (put it it writing, send recorded)..If you have a forwarding address for her then it's your call if you want to give Lowells that. I can't see how you'd be liable for a debt that is not yours.

Just hate every DCA out there