Advice please!

Rhibox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently at the LBA stage of claiming around £3000 from Barclays bank so know the process, but I would just like some info from anyone claiming from MBNA.

I have a credit card with them with a little (alot) left to pay off! (wasnt very good with money when I was younger, dont use it anymore!)

Anyone claiming charges back with money left owing to them, whats the likelyhood of them calling in the debt and how many have actually had charges back from them? Anyone had their debt called in once action taken?

Thanks.

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

I am currently at the LBA stage of claiming around £3000 from Barclays bank so know the process, but I would just like some info from anyone claiming from MBNA.

I have a credit card with them with a little (alot) left to pay off! (wasnt very good with money when I was younger, dont use it anymore!)

Anyone claiming charges back with money left owing to them, whats the likelyhood of them calling in the debt and how many have actually had charges back from them? Anyone had their debt called in once action taken?

Thanks.

Hi Rhibox and welcome to the forum!

It is unlikely that MBNA will call in a credit card debt on the basis of charges, they're in enough trouble as it is!

There are plenty who have had charges back, just have a read through some of the successes.

One tip I will give you is to make sure you enclose ID (driving licence copy is fine) with your SAR otherwise they will wait until your 40 days are up and send you a load of cobblers and then tell you if you want them to fulfill an SAR you have to send ID, payment blah blah. Beat them to it, enclose your payment and ID first, they can't mess you about then. It's purely delaying tactics.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Regards,

Corn x:)

• Haha 1

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Corn

Thanks for the info.

I have all my statements from when I opened the account so will be going straight to prelim letter stage. I will send confirmation of ID with this.

Just a question, are the letter templates the same for credit cards? I am going after Citi Cards too!

Abbey - Settled!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I went straight on to prelim letter stage as I had all my statements. How long does MBNA take to come back to you?

Just wondering if they send standard letters....we are looking into it blah blah...?

Abbey - Settled!

B***er!!!

I have just noticed on my Prelim letter sent to MBNA that I have messed up the last paragraph and not included a timescale for them to reply to me!!!

I wrote....

...I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this timescale, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days.

When it should have read....

....I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

And its dated the 04/04/07 when it was actually sent 12/04/07!!!

To many letters being sent recorded delivery I am now on first name terms with the nice ladies at the Post Office!!

Anyway...Ooops and what do I do now?

Do I just ignore it and follow my timescale (which they dont know about or send another letter????

If I ignore it and carry on with my timescale will it affect me adversely if/when we go to court??

Abbey - Settled!

How rude!!!!

My 14 days are up from date of deliv of Prelim letter and I havent even had the standard letter from MBNA!!! I feel neglected!!!

The LBA will be sent recorded deliv Monday morning!!!

Abbey - Settled!

• 4 weeks later...

Rec'd letter today saying...

we do not agree with you... blah, blah....

but heres £235 as a goodwill payment.

What I want to know is.... has anyone had a goodwill offer then when filed with court had their full claim paid? I am willing to go to court as i am in the process with Barclays, but would like some encouragemant if anyones got any!!

Cheers!!

Abbey - Settled!