Natwest Defence

Pinkchocolate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Its a shame my first post has to be about this issue, I was hoping to wait until I had successfully reclaimed my unlawful bank charges and detail the whole procedure to help others!!

My bank sneakily got their defence in and their solicitor and my local court have posted me a copy of the defence. The banks solicitor has also put a 'request for information' in, which requests my bank ac/c no sort etc, a copy of the list of all charges, the dates and whether i I believe they should hav ebeen charged etc. They have requested this to be returned to them by 11th April.

Is this the norm??? should I have to send this info to the banks solicitors, or do I just wait for my questionnaire from the court and return that??

The defence seems like its written in a another language, all the page long sentances!!!, its so hard to understand, I want to be sure Im returning the correct information and not helping the bank by making any mistakes!!!

Would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Hi PC and welcome,

This is entirely normal for Nat West, have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html.

Anything you need help or clarity on please ask.

I will move thsi thread to the Nat West forum where it wil lget seen by more NW claimants.

Good Luck

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Basically what they are asking for is your spreadsheet showing all your charges on it, The one found in the templates section here. Im assuming when you started your claim that you sent the bank and court, a copy of your detailed lists of charges you had been charged over the years.

i.e. showing Name, Bank Acc No. Sort Code,

Date of each charge, how much each charge, what each charges was for etc. etc.

This is the basis for your claim. Im assuming you did a spreadsheet yes ?????

Hi Fendyweather,

Yes I do hve the spreadsheet, which I have now discovered from Gizmo111, that I can submit with the letter back to Cobbetts.

I am releived to know this is all I have to send back, thought it might have been more involved.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

PC:)

Yes, as it forms your whole basis of claim. Did you file at court in person or did you do it online through MCOL. If you did it online, you should have followed up the Notice off Issue by sending a copy of your spreadsheet to the court in Northampton(MCOL's offices) and put details of your claim number on it, asking them to file it with your claim details. So they have a copy too.

Fendyx If you havent done it already, then do it today....... or tomorrow, the sooner the better. Fendy xx

Hi Gizmo111,

Thanks so much for your link to the cobbetts letter, are you able to tell me, the list of charges that I send them, should this be my list of charges including the 8% interest or can I submit my standard list of charges and put at the bottom Total £2269 plus interest and court fee = £2916???

Many thanks

Hi Fendy

I did it thorugh MCOL, I dont remember sending the list of charges to them?

Nat west put their defence in and MCOL have transferred the claim to my local court, should I still send a list of the charges to the Northampton court??

Many thanks

Hi PinkC

I have gone through this already be carefull that the CP 18 is from the court or is it direct from Cobbetts, if from cobbetts it will have their little corner sticker on it,if so then write to the court there is a response in the standard letters section for rejection of this I have already used it. Once you have done this then write and ask for their defence to be thrown out, this was successful in Reading I am waiting to hear from Swindon. Above all do not panic this is normal for Cobbetts. It sounds like you have not recieved the allocation questionaire yet "YES/NO". Remeber it is only the judge that can order a CP18 not the defendant.

StevePM

If you find this useful please tip my scales

First win £5k+ another five on the go all with NatWest

Hi Stevepm,

Many thanks for your help here, the form was from cobbetts with a tag on the corner. I have responded to cobbetts using the standard letter. Who should I write to to ask to have the defence thrown out? my local court?? Not yet received the allocation questionnaire.

ta,

Let it run its course. Highly unlikely you could get the defence struck out. Enjoy the chase and you will will thrill at the kill. With a nice cheque in your hand. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Your confidence will grow. Look at Fendy quiet as a church mouse when she first started. Can't put the lid back on now. Bless her. laugh.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

You can down load the form from HMCS it will cost you £65 to submit. I am waiting for the decision on mine I thought it may have been through today but alsa no I will post it on the site when I do. Just remeber if you are at thispoint then your Allocation Questoinaire is on its way. I would suggest that you use the form on the site and build the case for your cost it does not take that long and it works out your interest. Submit this back with your AQ and suggested directions again these are on the website.

StevePM

If you find this useful please tip my scales

First win £5k+ another five on the go all with NatWest

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

Thank you all for your recent responses, yesterday I received an offer from the bank which I am seriously considering accepting. Its only a few hundred less that what i was looking for and am happy to know that I have got that much back.

If I do accept the bank wants to pay the money direct into my account, I would rather have a cheque sent to me. Does anyone know if I can ask for the settlement offer to be paid to me by cheque? Or would I have to accept the payment direct into that account???

Thanks

PC:)