Kudos vs Halifax 2nd time!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I won my case in November 2006 - approx £310.

Since then I have calcualted interest and charges at £251.

I sent a Mr Dangerfield a letter several months ago but never got any kind of response. It was ony for £30 at that stage.

When the claim reached £161 I sent letter number one but then got whalloped with £90 of charges so resent letter number one with new total.

After two weeks without a response I sent the next letter threatening court action. I explained int he letter how I thought it was hillarious thatI had waited so long for any kind of reply but when I went overdrawn I receieved a letter the very next day informing me of a £30 charge!

I recieved a letter back on Thursday 29th April saying that as I had already won my last case I did in fact agree that all future penalty charges were fair and that was the end of the matter.

This is absurd given I never signed any papers or accepted any of the offers they made, I simply took them to court and they paid up - they didn't ask me to agree or sign anything. I was in Florida the two week prior to them paying up and wouldn't you know it they paid on the very last day of my holiday meaning I had bugger all money to spend until the very last day!!

Is this yet another scare tactic?

I am going to start court action on Thursday 5th April.

Has anybody else claimed their charges back twice? Any Problems? Challenges from the banks?

Thanks in anticipation

I Already had statements for past 6 years so no need to send request for statements.

23rd Sept 2006 - Sent first letter for £238

04th Oct 2006 - Bog standard reply letter recieved from Halifax

13th Oct 2006 - Sent LBA (gave 14 days to reply)

20th Oct 2006 - Phone call from Halifax offering £70

21 Oct 2006 - Offered £70 as 'goodwill gesture'

23 Oct 2006 - Accepted offer as Part settlement of claim

28 Oct 2006 - Filed MCOL

03 Nov 06 - Recieved letter offereing to increase goodwill offer to £120

21 Nov 06 - Settled in Full

I'm in a similar position to you. I split my court claim because I live in Scotland and wanted to do Small Claims. I started the procedure again for the second lot of charges and I got exactly the same letter as you. I've forwarded mine to the Ombudsman, but failing a response from them I'll take it to Court.

Thanks Sarah.

Have you read of any other cases of people being succesful in getting a second claimed refunded?

I haven't been on this site since November when I won my first claim so maybe I need to look at threads to see if anyone has doen this.

Moderators can you point me in the right direction please?

I Already had statements for past 6 years so no need to send request for statements.

23rd Sept 2006 - Sent first letter for £238

04th Oct 2006 - Bog standard reply letter recieved from Halifax

13th Oct 2006 - Sent LBA (gave 14 days to reply)

20th Oct 2006 - Phone call from Halifax offering £70

21 Oct 2006 - Offered £70 as 'goodwill gesture'

23 Oct 2006 - Accepted offer as Part settlement of claim

28 Oct 2006 - Filed MCOL

03 Nov 06 - Recieved letter offereing to increase goodwill offer to £120

21 Nov 06 - Settled in Full