• Tweets

• Have you asked for advice from your students union people? HB
    • I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie” it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't..  You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..  
    • I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI and FirstPlus - any one tried them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in Oct. '05 took out secured loan for £51K with FirstPlus, just finished going back to Uni so lots of debts to consolidate, needed the money, usual story.

Over the phone was sold PPI on 2 points:

1. In my situation would need it to get loan, but don't worry as

2. Would get £12.5K (amount for PPI) back after 5 years (term of loan 25yrs).

Didn't tell me that it was a lump sum added at start of loan that I would pay interest on.

All the literature I received loan agreement, terms, etc. pointed this fact out, but by this time I was under the impression I would not get loan if I didn't take PPI out (in the literature they merely say they would recommend PPI - slightly different to what I was told over the phone).

Does this fall into the mis-sold type of PPI? Have looked in other threads but cannot find another case for FirstPlus.

Any help gratefully received. :)

Back in Oct. '05 took out secured loan for £51K with FirstPlus, just finished going back to Uni so lots of debts to consolidate, needed the money, usual story.

Over the phone was sold PPI on 2 points:

1. In my situation would need it to get loan, but don't worry as

2. Would get £12.5K (amount for PPI) back after 5 years (term of loan 25yrs).

Didn't tell me that it was a lump sum added at start of loan that I would pay interest on.

All the literature I received loan agreement, terms, etc. pointed this fact out, but by this time I was under the impression I would not get loan if I didn't take PPI out (in the literature they merely say they would recommend PPI - slightly different to what I was told over the phone).

Does this fall into the mis-sold type of PPI? Have looked in other threads but cannot find another case for FirstPlus.

Any help gratefully received. :)

Hello and welcome Mr d

These companies are all the same, so don't worry that nobody has taken them on before. We all have to do what is right!:D

I think the first step is the sent a Subject Access Request and obtain all information regarding your loan and that includes all correspondence including recorded conversations.

You will find this SAR in the Bank Templates, copy, paste and amend it to your on details. It costs £10, but that is the first step that you have to take.

Get your information, probably after a long fight and then reclaim your mis-sold ppi. I bet you it is a fair whack if the loan was £51.:eek:

If you need help just ask

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello

In the same mess as yourself. Had 50k loan in Feb 06 and we owe £9k in ppi. Have searched high and low for help so will advise if any comes my way.

Best of luck. Let me know if you have a break through?

KB

Hello Kaybrookes,

Welcome to our little ppi forum We are all here to help each other in this process of reclaiming mis-sold ppi. Have your read reidnet lovely little sticky about ppi It is very informative. PPI - Some Notes for Claimants You probably will have read it.

Anyway best start you own thread on the forum as you will get lost in this one :grin:

That is a nice tidy sum you can get back:grin: if it was mis-sold and they will of course deny it, they have too, because if they don't they have t give you it back.

Good luck and get ready for the fight:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

FIRSTPLUS.. I had a loan which was arranged through Purpleloans / GE Money. The loan has been settled in full with Firstplus, They charged me £150 Admin fee.. Which I fought and got refund. They also charged me £750 early settlement fee, I of course fought that too (God I sound a right moaning faced Git..lol), they were not so quick to respond about the ESC.. They soon changed their Minds when they got summons.. They phoned me asked me to drop court action and they would refund in full plus Interest. I said NO, you send me the cheque and once it has cleared I will drop the Action, I got the cheque a few days Later.

The fight over the PPI which went along with the loan was mis sold to me by Purpleloans / GE Money and that fight is ongoing and now basically in the hands of the court.

If you need contact Names, Phone Numbers etc for Firstplus give me a shout.. ;)

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I was not told several key facts by Firstplus

1 That the PPI they sold me was for 5 years, that it was a front loaded policy and was virtually impossible to cancel when no longer needed without losing almost all of the premiums.

This, in itself, must surely be covered in the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts legislation

2 That the cashback offer is subject to 2 very specific conditions, that you don't miss more than two payments and that you have to apply for it

3 The Credit Agreement was sent to me for signing two weeks before any printed info regarding the PPI.

I also think it's unfair to add PPI payment to a loan over a 10 year period when it's only a 5 year policy. This makes it impossible in many cases for a client to take out any cover when that 5 tear term ends.

I'll keep an eye on your progress mr d good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Turfy, it's taken so long to get back but have not been well. Have had a look at all the literature I have fromm 1stPlus and all the credit agreement stuff is dated the 13/10/05 and was signed and sent away by me on the 15/10/05. However, all the dated stuff I have about the PPI is dated the 19/10/05 when my actual loan started, I can only assume (and would stand up in court and swear to this) that all the undated info i have on the PPI didn't turn up until the 19th as well.

Send a S.A.R. to firstplus and get copies of all documents and recordings of any conversations that you had with them. I did this and there are no references to PPI payments on any payment transactions I have made to them, just loan payment amounts.

I'm about to ask them why they have'nt sent any PPI information regarding premiums paid and a brekdown of those payments.

The more you look into it, the more it stinks

To be Honest i was Impressed with the response I got from Firstplus when I submitted my SAR, I got all that I needed and well within the Time limit.

Maybe now though they will have realised what people are up to and what is comming their way things may slow down..lol.

The payments breakdown I got from them too never showed any breakdown for PPI payments, this is Understandable though as the PPI policy cost was added in full at the start of the loan and in effect increased the loan value to include the PPI cost, this then made the whole agreement a single loan agreement if you get where Im comming from.

When I settled my loan with them I got around £97 of a rebate on the PPI policy which cost £3388. Now I would consider that a pure Rip Off and this matter is far from closed in my case, In fact it is in the Hands of the District Judge at Wolverhampton at the Momment for Directions against GE Money who arranged the Loan etc.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello,

I have PPI with First Plus and boy do i regret it, its £10K!

I don't think I have a case of being mis-sold as it was offered and I said yes, and of course there is the tiny tiny clause which explains about the 'significantly less' amount of money you would get back if cancelled.

I really want to cancel this insurance and drop the amount of the loan down, but all the letters seem to cover mis-selling

Do you think the FSA announcement would help with this?

Anyone else tried?

I'm not sure where I should start, perhaps a letter to them asking for a figure if I cancel?

Hello,

I have PPI with First Plus and boy do i regret it, its £10K!

I don't think I have a case of being mis-sold as it was offered and I said yes, and of course there is the tiny tiny clause which explains about the 'significantly less' amount of money you would get back if cancelled.

I really want to cancel this insurance and drop the amount of the loan down, but all the letters seem to cover mis-selling

Do you think the FSA announcement would help with this?

Anyone else tried?

I'm not sure where I should start, perhaps a letter to them asking for a figure if I cancel?

An announcement last week by the FSA, the City watchdog, could open the floodgates. It said that people who had been sold single-premium policies, where the cost of the cover is paid upfront and often added to the loan, could now be eligible for refunds if they cancelled the loan part-way through the term.

In the past insurers pocketed the money. Now customers who have cancelled policies and got very little back are being urged to complain to their providers.

Oh well, I'll start with a polite letter and see where I end up, as the only reason I have not cancelled it so far is because of the unfair charging

Hello,

Start your own thread on the ppi forum,

I hope in your polite letter, you are asking for a refund of the whole ppi, plus interest and demanding that it is now cancelled:D

• 11 months later...

Hi there. My wife and I are in the process of writing to first plus. after reading this forum i think we will request a sar initially. I would greatly appreciate any background info on first plus which may improve my chances of getting a refund. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SM

Hi steve, my friend got her PPI refunded by firstplus - well she hasn't got it yet but they have agreed it was mis-sold. The thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/128548-first-plus-ppi-reclaim.html

Go for it - best of luck;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON