Barclays Goodwill Gesture but NO Statements

striker26uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently at the DPA SAR stage with Barlcays but had a strange thing happen. I know the banks are folding at the thought of people taking them to court but I only sent a template letter asking for statements and they put £225 in my account.

I haven't received any statements yet and have given them 7 days to respond with my complete list of charges.

Surely putting £225 in my account before I have even worked out the charges is an admission of guilt and makes me think that I am due a lot more than this.

Anyone had a similar experience? I take it that I still stick to my guidelines of 40 days for the SAR and only take the £225 as pat settlement?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Nigel

Natwest - Incomplete list of charges but £978 up to 10/02 - Further 7 days

Cahoot (CC, Current Account and Loan) - No statements - 7 days to go

Barclays £225 in Account, No statements - 7 days to go

Barlcaycard - Incomplete statements - demanding microfilm - 7 days left

Accounts Claiming On

Barclays Student Account - SAR received by Barclays 01/0/07

Barlcaycard SAR received by BC 01/03/07

Cahoot Current Account - SAR received by Cahoot 06/03/07

Cahoot Loan - SAR received by Cahoot 06/03/07

Cahoot Credit Card - SAR Received by Cahoot 06/03/07

Natwest Current Account - SAR received by NW 01/03/07

I think they are so swamped with claims that they are making mistakes. :-D

You are absolutely right. In fact, since you have not had an offer of settlement from them, don't write to them to accept the part settlement, and just deduct it from the total they owe you when you work out how much it is.

HOWEVER: Bear in mind when you issue your claim form to make it clear that the sum claimed is £xxx , minus £225 that they have already paid, so that they can't pull a fast one and try to deduct £225 from the outstanding total.

Hi bookworm

Thanks for you reply.

I guessed this was the case and that they were making basic errors. They even said in the letter I received 'following our previous letter'. When I hadn't received anything.

Unfortunately I have already sent them a letter saying that I will accept it ONLY as part settlement and in no way would accept this as full and final settlement, as I don't even know how much my total charges are.

Would this jeapodise my position at all.

Accounts Claiming On

• 2 weeks later...

Today i've sent Barlclays an LBA giving them 7 days to come up with the goods or else.

I've had no statements and the 40 days are up. I sent my LBA to Churchill Place as all of my other letters seemed to have little effect. Using the freepost address taken from this site.

Just reading up now on information from the infromation commissioner's site and looking at the complaint forms.

I need a it of help on how to raise a court order though. Obviously it is a breach of the DPA but what can I claim for in terms of damages and costs incurred trying to get my statements. How do I process the Court Order?

Any help would be appreciated ;)

Accounts Claiming On

I've sent off my DPA Non compliance letter today. But noticed on this site that I should be claiming for more than six years. If Barclays only send the six years of statements (Hopefully they won't) how do I go about getting the other few years of statements now that the deadlines have passed since my original request.

Or do I do an estimate for the remaining years.

Accounts Claiming On

No statements. Non compliance letter sent.

So phoned 0800 282 390 spoke to an advisor (Whos name I won't give as I don't want to incriminate him). Really helpful bloke and told me exactly what I should be doing.

Firstly he printed out my statements there and then on the phone. Said I would have them by monday. Secondly he looked into why I had been made an offer of £225 without making a formal claim and said that the best course of action was to take Barlcays to a small claims court.

Can you believe it Barclays staff saying to take Barlcays to court...... Priceless.

I mentioned that people were claiming back up to 12 years and he said that as much as they know it is only six years but once I get my statements if I feel there is going to be a lot more charges dating back to 1998 when the account was opened then he would give me the number for the National Records Centre to get the rest of the statements. He did say that it could take another 40 days to order them from the NRC.

I would recommend to anyone phoning up this number if it is this easy. The only condition is that you must have already sent a SAR.

My faith in Barclays staff has been reinstated :-)

Accounts Claiming On

• 2 weeks later...

Had an account with them many moons ago ( few years in the early ninetys), after an unbelievable amount of wrangling I gave up and put a court claim in

Surprise surprise, they are now forwarding 'the information'

I have no idea what data they have found, but even just the one charge could be v nice with a bit of contractual

:D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional