Cobbetts help please!!!!

skintmum inc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Could some lovely person out there please help me?

I am at a stage where I have just had enough of this claiming business, and cobblers giving me the run around.

I sent my refusal to complete the cpr18 request last week, and on Saturday I have received yet another request for info from them.

Here is what they wrote (was only 3 sentences long), could someone tell me what I should write back with.

"Thank you for your ltr dated 24 March 2007, unfortunately, the list of charges that you enclosed does not explain how you reached the 8% interest figure of xxxx. Please be aware that you are entitled to claim interest at a rate of 8% from the date of each and every charge. In the circumstances we await an amended copy of your schedule detailing the correct interest figure".

Does any one know what I should reply with? I used the int calculator on the site to work out my int, ie; date of first chg, date of last chg, days lapsed in between etc etc, and it automatically gave me the figure to use.

Was this wrong? if so, what do i need to now send them. I am so confused with all this. PLus, I have filled in my Allocation Questionnaire ready to post back to the court. Do I need to send anything with it? If so, what do I need to send? And one more thing, what is a draft order of direction? Do i need it? and what do I do with it?

Sorry to be a pain, but you lot are so clever and I am not!:???:

I thank you all in advance, if someone could help me asap that would be fab! (AQ to be back by 14 April)

skintmum

i would be tempted to ignore this letter as the judge is the only one who can award the interest anyway - you are asking for the charges back and the interest is an add on to show you are serious and understand these financial matters!

maybe just send off the list of charges (write CC Your Local County Court at the bottom) again and also to the appropriate court

people are claiming for a lot more than 8% (see any 'compound' stories such as Josamolly's on this site) in any case

as always if anyone has a better suggestion please post it

good luck skintmum

sod

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Send me a cpoy of your spreadsheet/ charges and I will check it for you.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi BB,

Don't laugh !!! Will PM you for help.....and thanks :o

Hiya Peeps,

Well, I finally got my AQ sent off 2 weeks ago, but as yet have not heard anything back from the court.

Cobbetts hassled me twice this past couple of weeks with their usual stalling tacticks, by requested further copies of my schedule of charges, which between them, NatWest and Cobbetts have had 5 times!

I sent them a further schedule recorded as requested.

I received a call from Cobbetts the other day to advise that they had received the same, and that my schedule now looked ok (I personally thought it looked very nice the other 4 times, but, hey!)

The lady I spoke to said that she was'nt sure what date they were currently working on in regards to settling these claims which I thought was strange to say, seeing as I never asked when I was going to be paid out!......Is it just me, or is this a good sign peeps?

She also went on to inform me, (without me asking) that they have not yet sent their AQ to the court. This was supposed to be in by 14th (same date as mine).....Are they allowed to send theirs in late? or is this bad for them?

Anyhow, moral of the story is that I am waiting....and waiting.....and waiting.

Will this saga ever end?

Anyone know what will happen next?

Ho-Hummm, will just have to be patient I guess.

Skintmum inc x

The conversation would seem to suggest that they are putting up less of a fight now and they will make an offer quite soon.

With regards to the AQ, they a persistantly filing late and being allowed to get away with it. You could make an application to strike out but it's highly unlikely to suceed so you'll just have to be patient.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html