Please help! defence filed, AQ dispensed with.

zoep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am bringing a claim against barclays for around £3700. They offered £1000 which i didn't accept. The case is now transferred to Teesside County Court and a defence has been filed which says, among other things, that I didn't give particulars of the account and particular charges and dates in the original claim. The AQ has been dispensed with.

Can I now provide details of the charges and account in a Further Particulars of Claim?

And how do I ask for standard disclosure of the bank's charges if there is no AQ?

I'm getting quite scared by this now!

Many thanks.

:confused:

I am bringing a claim against barclays for around £3700. They offered £1000 which i didn't accept. The case is now transferred to Teesside County Court and a defence has been filed which says, among other things, that I didn't give particulars of the account and particular charges and dates in the original claim. The AQ has been dispensed with.

Can I now provide details of the charges and account in a Further Particulars of Claim?

And how do I ask for standard disclosure of the bank's charges if there is no AQ?

I'm getting quite scared by this now!

Many thanks.

:confused:

Did you have all your statements from the bank? Did you request a SAR? I am confused how you have managed to start a claim without knowing how much you are claiming for! When issuing your prelim letter and LBA did you send a schedule listing the type of charge you are claiming back, the amount and the date?

What do you mean by standard disclosure of the bank's charges - are you referring to how much it costs them to refuse your transactions? The schedule of charges should have been attached your court claim including your account number.

I attached the schedule of charges to the first letter and LBA, but not to the claim when I issued proceedings, I just gave a global figure in the claim. I still have the schedule of charges and wonder if i should just send that to the Court and the bank now?

When I talk about standard disclosure, I read that I should request pre-hearing disclosure from the bank, as they won't want to make disclosure of their actual costs and might then offer to settle?